What's new

The Nicotine - Sugar Connection

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Just learned this great nicotine hack.
Read @Texican had broached the subject on Today's Smoke.
This solid bit of wisdom escaped me until recently.
Am I alone here?

A few years ago, while vacationing in SC, I was herfing at a very small lounge with the attendant.
It was slow, so he fired up and asked me if I wanted to watch Caddy Shack... "Uhh, always!"
By the end of the movie I was on my second Baka and the nicotine was pounding my globe like head.
He told me a Coke would clear that nic-hit right up.
Sure enough, in less than five minutes I was feeling great, and toasted another.
In my travels near and far I'd never heard of this simple solution.
Am I so outta touch?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hah! When i first started posting on here (and ordered my initial batch of sticks), a couple of people mentioned to me that if it hits too hard, I should eat a little candy/sugar to help with the nicotine. I think it was in response to me saying something about only smoking Connecticuts so far because I didn't want anything too "strong".

It rarely happens now unless it's a beastly gauge or on an empty stomach....but when I'm not at home and I light up a stick...I always bring some Gummi bears or a couple mini candy bars just in case. :ROFLMAO:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I was told that the alkalinity of the Coke/Pepsi basically neutralizes the nicotine, so I always have some in the GARage fridge now.

Came across the sugar/candy thing a few years ago, and it works! It works great when your about to pass out from getting tattooed as well.;)

I love the GIF! :LOL:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mini Reese's peanut butter cups, I learned the sugar hack about 20 years ago after smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion on an empty stomach. It has saved me numerous times over the last couple decades.
Hell, I don't need an excuse to put away a peanut butter cup. :LOL: The gigantic bags of Halloween candy we buy to give out always end up suspiciously and disproportionately low on peanut butter cups as the evening wears on...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah! When i first started posting on here (and ordered my initial batch of sticks), a couple of people mentioned to me that if it hits too hard, I should eat a little candy/sugar to help with the nicotine. I think it was in response to me saying something about only smoking Connecticuts so far because I didn't want anything too "strong".

It rarely happens now unless it's a beastly gauge or on an empty stomach....but when I'm not at home and I light up a stick...I always bring some Gummi bears or a couple mini candy bars just in case. :ROFLMAO:
I didn't know this was a "thing" at all. I've been chewing on Riesen toffee or occasionally a few handfuls of smokehouse almonds while smoking since day one. I just liked how the smoke would pick up traces of them. I had no idea it was actually benefitting me. This could explain why I've been able to handle some of the more robust maduros. Of course this little Camacho triple Maduro I've got burning now is a whole other animal but I'm loving the flavors. A bit heavy on the nicotine though.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Mini Reese's peanut butter cups, I learned the sugar hack about 20 years ago after smoking a Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion on an empty stomach. It has saved me numerous times over the last couple decades.
Me and Tom went to the same school of hard knocks :p it's been around 20 years here also! For the fastest way to relieve nicotine overload or as I call it "HAVANA DAYDREAMING" is a packet of sugar. Rip it open and dump it in your pie hole and you will be right as rain in 5 min. and ready to smoke another cigar. I remember that clammy, nauseous, sweaty feeling before I knew this trick. I would just lay in front of the fan, and the wife would come in and ask are you ok "NO DON"T TOUCH ME":ROFLMAO:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wish I had known this trick years and years ago on my first date (of a very brief relationship) with Copenhagen. Talk about sick. Man that was BRUTAL. :sick:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually keep a couple packs of Sugar in the Raw in my unit when smoking. Saved my bacon a couple times.