What's new

The OFFICIAL BBAWFHARTGT Herf postherf bantor!!!

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
The Official Brooks Baby and we finally have a reason to get together herf

First Thank you Brooks and Leigh for being such gracious hosts and letting us crash your place to celebrate today. Second, thanks for the amazing cigars that you let each of us snatch from your beautiful collection!

I've had many great experiences through the years getting together with great BOTL's, but I will have to admit, I dont think I've ever been to one where so many unusual cigars were flying around. I learned quite a few things over the last few hours and thought I would share

1. I talk way too much!!!! I think I actually scared someone away today. I went to the bathroom and Mowee was gone, no goodbye nothing, just gone. the way I see it 1+1=2 :timebomb:

2. Altercall is still alive and still smokes cigars! This is good news for the community!

3. Electric sheep not only has orange shoes, but he has orange fuzzy shoes....you could hang those bad boys up in your rear view mirror and you'd be stylin!

4. If you ever smoke 3-4 four cigars in a day and start to feel a little nauseated, Canadian Hot chocolate will fix that!

5. Certain box pass stories never get old, even after the 4th or 5th time you've heard them. Im convinced there should be a timeless classics section on this forum dedicated to just that.

6. Finally, Jwintosh is a stud! I dont care what you guys have been saying about them California folk, he can come back to Texas anytime!!

In all seriousness we had a fantastic 9-10 hour day sitting around drinking and smoking some amazing cigars. There was a small pond of drool around Brooks humidors that Im pretty sure he is going to stock with some limited edition goldfish that he is going to trade for with some cigar none of us have ever seen or heard of. (at least that was what I heard before I left) We had a great crew out today that included Brooks (aka Man of the hour), PLUSH (ho ho ho and a bottle $250 dollar rum), Electric sheep (the shoe man group), Altercall ( edicion limitarded), Tmoney ( la vieja), Blooze4u (saintuaje), Jwintosh (the TCU fan), Mowee ( now you see me now you dont) ;-), my uncle, and myself (the talking energizer bunny). Brooks and his lovely wife were very gracious hosts. So anyway, Ill stop now, post your pics, comment on your time, and now this Herf shall be placed in the Annals of BOTL.org! Cheers!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
LOL... shat. How can I add anything to that. It was a fantastic time, and it REALLY great to see some folks that I thought had disappeared (yes you, sheep and altercall)

Also, a pleasure to finally meet JWintosh!

Brooks was QUITE the gracious host. I can't remember having such a great time at a herf.

Luke, if you've got any of that shitty rum left... be sure and send it my way! :grin:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
#SHOUTOUT to Brooks for hosting such an awesome herf, and for putting so damn many cigars in my hands. Jeez that man would not let up, every time my cigar was about done he handed me another. All I smoked were Brooks' cigars!

Luke, good to see you again. Thanks for sharing the rum, it was probably the best I've ever had.

Jeff, glad we were able to hook up again on another one of your annual trips through Dallas! I think of all the people I've ever known over the years on BOTL, I've seen you more times than anyone else. Also, I'm pretty sure yours is the only couch I've ever passed out drunk on at 11am. LOL

It was awesome getting together with everyone again. I've been so busy with work this year that I've really been out of the loop. Now that things are calming down work-wise, I'm gonna have to hang out with you cats more often.

P.S. - toldja I was gonna wear orange sneakers (at Jeff's request) that would blow your minds. :crosseyed

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
freaking fantastic!! just got back and this was the higlight of the trip!! talk about great timing!! and a great bunch of BOTL'ers that i've been waiting to meet!! oh yeah, it's not BOTTLE. it's B.O.T.L. haha...

where do i start. uhm, flying pig. fastforward an hour. uhm, 1983. what year? fastforward an hou. uhm, CoRo. Brooks!! quit giving me cigars!!

Brooks!! thank you thank you thank you!! great host!! lovely wife!! awesome house!! and then there's the sticks.... congrats once again!! awaiting pics with his Chargers apparel. or was that Padres? haha. now, get your ass to san diego!!

AJ!! certainly appreciated the pre and post texts. that's what it's all about!! let's do NO!! well done brother!! now, get your ass to san diego!!

Luke!! i'm watching House right now!! no, really!! i've been waiting a long time to meet you, and it was well worth the wait!! <cough 'cigar snob' cough> hehe!! and, you don't talk to much. seriously, $250? now, get your ass to san diego!!

now Mowee on the other hand,,, hehe... off the chart with your cigar knowledge!! dude, you really need to write this stuff down!! please include a detailed dicipher code!! now, get your ass to san diego!!

Brian!! you were much more quiet than i expected!! hehe. seriously, $250? now, get your ass to san diego!!

Duane!! nice shoes!! do they come with a brush? hahahaha!! was that TU orange or OSU orange? always great hooking up with you!! now, get your ass to san diego!!

Jay!! you can have my chair!! haha!! nice to say hi. nice to say bye!! i sure wish we could have stayed longer!! it's been a long time since i shot rum. wooohoooo!! now, get your ass to san diego!!

Great meeting themoneycollector!! great meeting Luke's wife and uncle.

Jer says we're all nuts!! haha! nothing has changed in 10 years!! now, get your ass to san diego!!

Last edited:

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sweatshirts and hats... What was it? A chilly 76F? lol

Looks like it was a good time guys!

jjon90

CRA Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Great Pics. Looks like we missed a good one. Congrats Brooks on the new arrival!

Last edited:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
It was the best time that I have spent 9-10 hours outside in a long time. Great to meet up with a few folks that I had never seen in person. I'm quite as I have never been one to feel the need to hear myself talk. :eyequiver

I enjoyed listening to Luke and his cigar knowledge. Hell, I'm just there smoking cigars. :blushlove