What's new

The Official Cigar Deals Thread

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Have you guys ever seen Small Batch has crazy sales as the other websites have like 60% off , 70% off?
It is not very often and not on every brand.

Within the last year they have done 50% off on Casa Magna & Quesada, and 60% off on Gurkhas though.

Op40

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong it's a decent website but it's still hard for me to understand that they are so popular with a little bit amount of sales , and people go crazy as if there are no sales on the cigars have been shared here so far. To me majority of websites in the market have 20-30% off on many brands ( except some rare, boutique, less known cigars) already so what makes Small batch more special and shareable here is just interesting.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you guys ever seen Small Batch has crazy sales as the other websites have like 60% off , 70% off?
Small Batch, like us, starts with low prices. So the deals he offers are off of his already discounted price (below MSRP). 60-70% off is a loss for the store. Even the deals he offers every day cut deep into his margins. Both Small Batch and Puro Cigar are here to offer a service but staying in business is important too. Maybe the big guys can buy some huge discounted close-out and sell them at 60-70% off MSRP and still make a profit, but we just can't. Being in this competitive business, I can tell you first hand that the margins just aren't that big. Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Small Batch, like us, starts with low prices. So the deals he offers are off of his already discounted price (below MSRP). 60-70% off is a loss for the store. Even the deals he offers every day cut deep into his margins. Both Small Batch and Puro Cigar are here to offer a service but staying in business is important too. Maybe the big guys can buy some huge discounted close-out and sell them at 60-70% off MSRP and still make a profit, but we just can't. Being in this competitive business, I can tell you first hand that the margins just aren't that big. Hope this helps.
Excellent post.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
And this is why you guys have my business. Rather deal with stand up retailers that support the board.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Don't get me wrong it's a decent website but it's still hard for me to understand that they are so popular with a little bit amount off sales , and people go crazy as if there are no sales on the cigars have been shared here so far. To me majority of websites in the market have 20-30% off on many brands ( except some rare, boutique, less known cigars) already so what makes Small batch more special and shareable here is just interesting.

1. Small Batch (and Puro) are small outfits with great boutique selection. For a lot of us, being able to smoke stuff we like at lower prices than just about anywhere else is clutch, so we try to support these businesses.
2. They have amazing service. Both are incredibly responsive to inquiries
3. Free priority shipping. Both guys offer free shipping via 2-3 day Priority, and usually ship same day. Big vendors might take a couple days to ship, and it's loaded on the back of an actual snail.
4. Involvement on the board. Puro posts regularly letting us have first dibs on hard to find releases. SBC regularly donates boxes for raffle to help support the site. These efforts alone make them sponsors we want to support
5. Big vendors might regularly clearance out Rocky Patel and Gurkha at blowout prices, but who gives two bits? Puro and SBC offer great prices on those boutique and more interesting cigars we were already going to buy.