"The Police" Re-unite?!

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003527290

January 03, 2007, 3:10 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Rumors are swirling that the Police will reunite for 2007 dates in England and the United States, which would be the legendary trio's first since disbanding in 1986. Sources tell Billboard.com the reports are legitimate but would not publicly comment until final details are nearer to completion.

This year marks the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne," the single that broke the Police in the United States. "Discussions have been underway as to how this will be commemorated," reads a post on Sting's Web site attributed to an A&M spokesperson. "While we can confirm that there will indeed be something special done to mark the occasion, the depth of the band's involvement still remains undetermined."........
How cool would this be?!

~Mark

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
A reunion would be excellent! The first concert that I attended with my wife (before she was my wife) was The Police in Aug 1982.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
First saw The Police in 1979 at U of Buffalo.

Big fan of the first album - that first side is one of my favs.

By the way, the concert sucked. Walked out. It was like these three guys met each other for the first time on the stage. Lucky the show was only $2.50 with student id.

Then saw them 2 years later at Malibu out in Long Beach. Much tighter band. Great show.