What's new

The Post office and Their Safe

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'd just talk to them and develop a friendly relationship with them. That's what I do with the people at my post office.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
what could they possibly do? They cannot open any package unless they suspect terrorism; basically that's only if the box is ticking or oozing flourescent liquid.

You're fine.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I get stuff mailed to me at work if it requires a signature. But, the suggestion by Kingston is also great. Get yourself a P.O. Box or a box at a UPS store, they sign for ya.

wer

hmmm, I see
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:wifey: Wifey busted me the other day. I had to work on a Sat. and the postman comes to the door with a package to be signed for and he asks "did he get the other two slips I dropped off the other day." I tried to play :innocent: and :scratchhe but needless to say there was a little :bickering and I suffered a few :boxing:

However, I shall remain resolute and not be deterred from my mission :ninja: After all, who's the :king: around here? (just don't let :lady: know )

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
wer said:
:wifey: Wifey busted me the other day. I had to work on a Sat. and the postman comes to the door with a package to be signed for and he asks "did he get the other two slips I dropped off the other day." I tried to play :innocent: and :scratchhe but needless to say there was a little :bickering and I suffered a few :boxing:

However, I shall remain resolute and not be deterred from my mission :ninja: After all, who's the :king: around here? (just don't let :lady: know )
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
LMAO Wer. I know the feeling. The wife was home when a package was delivered a couple weeks ago and I had no way around not answering the, "what'd ya get?" question. Thankfully she hasn't seen my other deliveries so she didn't raise a fuss.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Ummmm, am I a whipped wuss? I run every purchase by the wife first. :wifey:
Do not listen to these guys, Todd. As a long time married, old guy, I can tell you that you are doing it right. :nodlaugh: Keeping the peace will lead to big dividends in the long run. . .:halfgrinw

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
As long as boxes from bluefly.com and victoriasecret.com keep showing up at the door, my SO has no standing to complain about any packages I might recieve.
The mailbox idea is also nice if you don't want, ahem, certain things shipped to your home address.

The PO guys can't really do anything, but they can be suspicious, and I like to avoid ANY govt suspicion