What's new

The Quest for the Prefect Cigar...

J

jckposter

The Monte A 1980..........

The Box arrives Im shocked at first unwrapping . The outer cardboard is old and frazzled. The monte box is a deep dark almost cherry finish with Gold Monte Logo and gold A. I open it very slowly with respect as a great prize has arrived. The aroma jumps out of the box as if to say you are a lucky man. I sit and stare at these dark beautiful monsters, they stare back becking me to remove one from its home. I remove it very gently an use a razor to remove the cap. Pre light draw is great no though of this beauty being plugged. As the match touches the end, I realize it will never get any better then this. I have smoked a lot of cigars in my life Pre embargo, Dunhills, Davidoffs but none can hold a candle to this stick. 2 or 3 hours who remembers I sit around for hours with the taste still lingering in my mouth. I have realize that this cigar is what it is all about. It makes the quest worth while.....The search for the Prefect Cigar.....Well guys I hope your Quest is as fun as mine has been but mine has ended here. This 1980 Monte A is it......

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review...Jerry has found his holy grail. Now about those bolivar gold medals.....

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
WFZone said:
Great review...Jerry has found his holy grail. Now about those bolivar gold medals.....

Mike the Pre Embargo ones waiting on Christies to tell me they are good to go.... :)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Jerry,

Now that you've found your holy grail does that mean its over? Does that mean you will not stop since you've found that one cigar you've spent your entire life searching for? Well it sure was nice knowing you while it lasted. I guess now you don't need to build that humidor out in the barn and you'll be able to stay in the main house!! So when are you putting up the balance of your collection for auction? :smile:

ehdg

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Very nice Jerry, I hope every one of us is as lucky someday, I do know the hunt is pretty fun as well!!!!

Ironman

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That is very cool Jerry. I haven't had anything quite like a 24 year old Monte A yet but it's awesome when a cigar can bring everything into perspective like that. Congratulations on reaching your 'Cigar Nirvana'.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Maybe it's the pesimist in me, but does anyone else feel sorry for Jerry? Yeah that sounds crazy, but honestly now, isn't this a goal we all share? It's like the people who win the Lottery and then 5 years later, they're depressed, in AA, divorced, broke, etc. It's like, once you've had the best, things will never be the same. As much as I hope I can have a cigar this good someday, I almost am afraid of what it would do to me. If a Habano doesn't put a smile on my face it will be a dark day. It sounds to me that Jer will have a hard time going back to his 'everyday' cigars after having drunk from the Cigar smokers version of the Cup of Christ.

For what it's worth, Jerry, I pity you and only hope that you'll not have ruined the great satisfaction and enjoyment that you get when lighting up a cigar from now on.

Or maybe you're just the luckiest SOB on the planet... One of these is the case.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Or maybe you're just the luckiest SOB on the planet... One of these is the case.

I wouldnt worry about that because cigars are like Blow jobs there are no bad ones....some are just better then others..........(Except NCs)

:smt046 :smt046 :smt046 :smt046 :smt046 :smt046 :smt046 :smt046

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
jckposter said:
I wouldnt worry about that because cigars are like Blow jobs there are no bad ones....some are just better then others
I hate to disagree with you but I've definately had bad versions of at least one of those two options. I'll leave it up to you to determine which one it was.