What's new

The Rum Diary

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm not knocking the movie cause I'm a Johnny Depp fan but from what I can tell it kind of looks like a less intense Fear and Loathing from the trailers.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I think it's intent is to be less intense. Rum Diary and Fear and Loathing were distinctly different novels and I wouldn't expect them to be near the same in film.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I think it's intent is to be less intense. Rum Diary and Fear and Loathing were distinctly different novels and I wouldn't expect them to be near the same in film.
I agree, Fear and Loathing was insane. The Rum Diaries however was not as intense, two fantastic reads but F&L was about as nuts as an event that has ever been documented. I cant wait to see The Rum Diaries, its been in production for like ever, glad it finally got filmed and released.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Rum Diaries was terrible as a film. No plot, or climax. I waited for it to get going and it never did.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Just read a review about this movie. They gave it 3 out of 5 stars. But the plot sounds interesting. I plan on watching it. But may wait until it's out on DVD.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Just read a review about this movie. They gave it 3 out of 5 stars. But the plot sounds interesting. I plan on watching it. But may wait until it's out on DVD.
I never listen to reviews for movies. So subjective. I just like to watch and see if I enjoy them myself. I've been looking forward to this flick for a while. Gonna try and check it out this weekend.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I never listen to reviews for movies. So subjective. I just like to watch and see if I enjoy them myself. I've been looking forward to this flick for a while. Gonna try and check it out this weekend.
I tend to use the critics as an indicator whether to spend the bucks to see something in the theater vs watching on DVD later. I was excited about that Justin Timberlake/Amanda Seyfried time movie, but the critics have panned it. So I'll wait for DVD. I want a sure winner I'm going to spend $30 on tix and popcorn.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I tend to use the critics as an indicator whether to spend the bucks to see something in the theater vs watching on DVD later. I was excited about that Justin Timberlake/Amanda Seyfried time movie, but the critics have panned it. So I'll wait for DVD. I want a sure winner I'm going to spend $30 on tix and popcorn.
Understandable. I usually go to Alamo Drafthouse here in town. I can drink, eat, and watch a movie. I don't often go out to see movies, so if I'm gonna do it, I'll enjoy the experience. Now if I could only smoke there.....

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Understandable. I usually go to Alamo Drafthouse here in town. I can drink, eat, and watch a movie. I don't often go out to see movies, so if I'm gonna do it, I'll enjoy the experience. Now if I could only smoke there.....
Dude, I am envious. A lot of my friends have lived in Austin and loved that place, but I've never been.