What's new

The World as we've known it has Ended...

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The World as we've known it has come to an end. Money has no value. You need protection and you need to hunt to survive. You can only have 3 firearms. They can be any mix of handguns, shotguns, rifles or even a bow if you choose. Which 3 firearms (including make and model) do you want to own and why? All guns must currently be legal to obtain and own.

:assaultri

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Sako TRG in .308 with US Optics glass and AAC 762-SD - .308 will be good for almost all American game. Also an effective system for long-range force on force contact, especially with the can. Common caliber.
MK 18 with RDIAS, AAC m4-2000, and 1.5 ACOG - Good for a lot of game, and EXTREMELY valuable for FOF contact for targets 600 yards and in. Common caliber. Lots of parts. Reliable.
Glock 17 early 3rd Gen with Osprey 9 - Lightweight, common ammo, large capacity, reliable, lots of parts.

Last edited:

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Ruger 10/22 - cheap and widely available ammo (sitting on several thousand rounds at the moment). Fine for small game and zombies.
Ruger Scout rifle in .308 - good enough for most game in America, reloading components readily available
Taurus Raging Bull in .454 casull. Cuz nobody effs with you when you're holding one...
I've already got the 10/22 and the Raging Bull, and the scout rifle is on my short list of things to buy soon. So I s'pose I'm doing alright.

-Dude™

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Ruger 10/22 - cheap and widely available ammo (sitting on several thousand rounds at the moment). Fine for small game and zombies.
Ruger Scout rifle in .308 - good enough for most game in America, reloading components readily available
Taurus Raging Bull in .454 casull. Cuz nobody effs with you when you're holding one...
I've already got the 10/22 and the Raging Bull, and the scout rifle is on my short list of things to buy soon. So I s'pose I'm doing alright.

-Dude™
Interesting you went with a revoler

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I'm going to have to agree with The Dudes 10/22 pick for sure

So Ruger 10/22. great for small game, abundant cheap ammunition, can easily be suppressed via make shift methods, spare parts are everywhere!

DTA SRS. 4 calibers in one gun (barrel change over. 243 Win, .308 Win, .300 Win, .338 LM) Accurate, magazine fed, semi compact, sadly its definitely on the heavy side. I would have a Nightforce 5.5-22x NXS 56mm objective with a BORS on top. If i'm going to have to pick one barrel, it would be the 308. Easy to find and it still does the job!

As much as i would like to say an HK SL8-6 converted into a G36K, I'm going to have to go with a custom 14.5 M4 with an Aimpoint Comp4 and a 3x flip sight. Any Military/LE/Civi M16/M4 can swap parts around (well besides a full length upper and mid/car uppers. they need a different $10-$30 buffer), mags are cheap, amazingly durable, relatively maintenance free (if you do an upper budget build), but most of all, i have extensive training with the platform.

I don't think i would NEED a pistol in the end times. I would surely love one, but a small game, large game and intermediate rifle would better fill my survival needs. If i were to pick a sidearm, it would be an HK45. Rated as one of the most rugged and long lasting pistols. HK45 went twenty eight times as long without cleaning and still achieved ten times the industry standard for reliability according to pistol-training.com stress test.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Rifle:
Marlin 99c (.22LR). Semi-auto and decent capacity tubular magazine. As mentioned above, ammo by the brick is easy to carry and can kill anything in North America if done correctly.

Shotgun:
Remington 870 (12ga - 18'' barrel). It's a pump so maintenance won't be much of a hassle in dirty conditions. Strictly used for self defense because ammo is heavy. May opt to leave this gun behind (or bury it) if I needed to lighten to group's load.

Handgun:
Kimber Pro 1911 (.45acp). It's the only handgun I have in a large enough caliber to justify self-defense (or, let's be honest, offense). I would prefer not to take a 1911 but it's what I have so I would make it happen.

I also have a pretty good collection of silver. I imagine it can be used as a bartering tool by some people.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Without question an AR, some sort of 9 mil pistol and a .22 rifle. Reason being, ammo for both the AR and the 9 mil should be plentiful because our military and NATO both use it. The. 22 would be multipurpose.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
What do you mean I can have only 3 firearms? With those three, I'm gonna get as many more as I feel like getting.
Excellent response :applause:

This reminds me of the "I have a gun, therefore I have food" philosophy. I understand people stock up and prepare for stuff but if sh*t completely hits the fan and we're at the point where we've left our homes and are in true survival mode, there's only a handful of items I would bring. Even those items are strictly to make life easier as I live off the land. Mainly:
  • Knife
  • Matches
  • water proof bags
  • small amount of extra clothing
  • water bottles
  • few days rations of food
  • .22 rifle and ammo
  • ???

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Would have to go with a

Rifle: Sig522
Pistol: Ruger sr22
Knife: KABAR D2 Hunting Knife.

I know they are .22 but it's the end of the world you're probably going to have to be on the move so the guns are light as well as the ammo and as said before the ammo can be found everywhere, cause ammo goes faster than you think. And as for the knife, simple a knife never runs out of bullets. It's the end of the world and you'll somthing to protect yourself when you reach bartertown.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle
.45-70
Colt .45. Single Action

Why? Because I am a cowboy. Serously, Ruger Mini for small game, .45-70 for big game and the Colt .45 single auction because they are so damn cool. OK, maybe not that practical, I will take a Glock 9mm, small, light and dependable.

Palmettoguy

42-28'48'' N
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Ruger 10/22: Small game, bricks are easy to carry, 50 rd mags :stretchgr
HK UMP: Because I used to own the USC and LOVED that mofo.
M110: Semi-Auto, 7.62 mm NATO, accurate enough to reach out and touch someone/something, lol

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Kinda interesting how many guys would take the Ruger 10/22. Myself included. As for the other two, well thats a secret. :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sako TRG in .308 with US Optics glass and AAC 762-SD - .308 will be good for almost all American game. Also an effective system for long-range force on force contact, especially with the can. Common caliber.
MK 18 with RDIAS, AAC m4-2000, and 1.5 ACOG - Good for a lot of game, and EXTREMELY valuable for FOF contact for targets 600 yards and in. Common caliber. Lots of parts. Reliable.
Glock 17 early 3rd Gen with Osprey 9 - Lightweight, common ammo, large capacity, reliable, lots of parts.
What was your reasoning in going with AAC762SD and AAC m4-2000? I love the Osprey 9!

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
fuelie, that's a beautiful 10/22 you got there. I'm taking all three of my .22s to the range this weekend. Once I find out which one is the most accurate, I'm going to do a conversion similiar to what you have there (laminate stock, nice scope, etc.)