What's new

there IS something worse then losing BGM's in the mail....

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Not being able to smoke one for 3 weeks !!

Gotta quit cigars for a while in order to pass a...ahem...test.

I have to make sure I wear one of my son's bibs as to not drool all over these beautiful sticks.

Tick Tock...

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'm in the same situation....except my insurance agent is a cigar smoker too.
he told me I can delay three months if I want. I talked to the lady today who will administer the testing (she's a customer) I told her it would be at least a couple of weeks. She said no problem, but she didn't want the agent to give her a hard time. I LOL at that. His kids are babysiting my kids this sat. while we go to a cigar function. I need to lose 15 more pounds to hit the target weight for a "preferred" rate. I plan on being ready by the end of april. I'll quit a week before the test. That should be enough.
One tip, make sure you "fast" that morning, nothing but water before the tests.
It's nice to have a friend for an insurance agent. BTW I'm adding two million in life insurance. The agent sure doesn't want to miss out on that commision, so I'm sure he is looking out for my (and his) best interest.
Good luck.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
yep, mine is a cigar smoker as well. And because the people that administer the test work for the insurance company, the last thing that want is to damage that relationship. If I need to postpone it for a month (for whatever reason) after he/she calls, it won't be a problem.

All part of the game.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Hmmm, I have my life insurance through work and didn't have to do all this...is this typical in all states?
This is in addition to what you get thru your employer. Typically your employer will provide life insurance at 2x yearly salary. If you want additional insurance, they make you go thru this testing to place you in a risk category.

I don't think you can get 2M in insurance from your employer (would be nice though, at those premiums!)

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Man... I would get some advice. Thought you needed six months to flush nicotine...Maybe others will know.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
CWS said:
Man... I would get some advice. Thought you needed six months to flush nicotine...Maybe others will know.
whoa ! nothing stays with you that long. THC is the longest, could take a couple months and can be detected in hair.

Nicotine, even with chronic users (smokers) is only about 2 weeks at the max.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Hmmm, I have my life insurance through work and didn't have to do all this...is this typical in all states?
Todd, if you smoke, you get a "smoking" rate due to the inherant dangers and not a "prefered" rate. Smoking rate will give you a higher premium to pay and possibly less coverage. I would think all states and all issuers of insurance have this policy.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I believe those group insurance deals you get from work are different from individual insurance. I don't think you can be tested on a group rate deal.