What's new

Thermoelectric wineador RH issues

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To note When I 1st started I bought 72% because I thought more humid cigars was better/safer. I have since stitched to 69% (which I still use in my old wood humi's) and 65% which I use in any air tight humi's including my wino's. 65% reduces the chances of mold and cigars at this humidification smoke really well. I have even dropped to 62% for CC's
I might go that way too.. but first i have to figure out how the hell i am going to have at least close to uniform rh within the unit.
I just went to check on my cigars and the floor/bottom part of the cooler was like a pool! Condensation and a lot of it too! Thank god i had the wooden boveda holder and nothing got wet but now i gotta figure out condensation too.. frustrating but im learning.. ill try to search the forum for condensation issues, i temember someon used kitty litter but isnt that going to draw rh too?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
More then likely the only place getting cold enough to cause condensation is the chill plate. I had the same problem, A brother recommended that I aim the fans I installed at the chill plate and that seemed to work.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You must have missed my reply, just wanted to know why i should block the drain hole? And by blocking you mean tape it over?
Sorry for the delay. The drain hole is an opening to the outside, so you can either gain or lose humidity depending on how humid it is outside of the box.

The more wood you have inside will help the unit snap back from humidity shifts when opening it up, but will also be a detriment to airflow, so you have to weigh the advantages and disadvantages and determine how you want to design it.

And as others have said, this should be a slow process. The wood will take some time to stabilize.