What's new

Thievin' Weasel Review - Bolivar Short Bolivar RE '08

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Forgot to take notes when smoking this cigar but I remembered a fair good deal about it so here goes...oh, thanks again for the contest and the smoke.

Appearance :
The Bolivar Short Bolivar is essentially a short edmundo. The wrapper had a few imperfections but overall the presentation looked promising. The cigar was well-rolled with no apparent soft spots. Rolling this cigar under the nose I noticed it exuded a memserizing perfume of sweet, strong tobacco with a hint of white pepper. Good things to come?

Construction :
No complaints in this department. This little firecracker produced incredible quantities of smoke and drew just fine. Just how I like it.

Flavor:
I begin by toasting the foot, resting it a minute, purge, then it’s time for the first pull. Initial puff, pepper and leather. Medium bodied to start. As the pepper settles down, I find the usual Bolivar notes – earth, roasted coffee, and wood. The smoke is thick and creamy, coating the palate despite an obvious nicotine surge. The second third reveals a more burnt toast character and peppery notes continue to dominate. The Short Boli never burned hot, never got bitter and provides a long finish but left me wanting a tad bit more after the smoke. Maybe it's my mind prejudiced against the shortness of it. It took me 45min to smoke the entire stick.

Overall Rating :
So, what's there to say about the Short Bolivar? Is it a good cigar? I think so, especially if you enjoy the marca's flavor profile. If you enjoy Bolivars, the regional edition aspect and this particular format, then it’s a safe purchase. Otherwise, in my opinion, there's better ways to spend your money on Bolivars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review. I've only had one of these but I enjoyed it very much. I think you are right on with the creamy character of this cigar. It seems that out of the different Bolivar's I've tried there are two basic types, the dark wrappers and the lighter wrappers. This one was lighter and a very medium body smoke. I like them both by the way.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Thanks for the review and your impressions. I doubt I'll ever get to try one, but sticking with their regular line doesn't sound bad at all.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Thanks for the review and your impressions. I doubt I'll ever get to try one, but sticking with their regular line doesn't sound bad at all.
I called my local guy and he just sold his last box. Sorry.

Nice review I liked the BGM better, and usually don't aim for robustos when I'm picking out a smoke, but this was still a really good.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
nice review, thanks. unfortunately these don't do much for me but i have heard a lot of people who have liked them a lot.