What's new

Thieving Weasel Review (SLR RE Asia)

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Alright, This is the review for the "Thieving Weasel" stick. I smoked it yesterday @ Havana Humidor.

-The cigar was in my humidor at 65%/63F for a few weeks.

--Appearance- 8/10, Nice wrapper, but it had a large rough vein on it, and a water spot. other than that, it felt good, and looked quite appealing. The SLR band is big, and the RE Band complements it well.

--Prelight- The cut trough the triple cap was flawless, no cracking or unraveling etc... The prelight draw was tight, but yielded some good flavours... Mainly earthy and leathery.

--1st/3rd- after lighting it and letting it sit for a minute, I started to smoke it. The draw was tight, but yielded smoke, and the flavors of clean tobacco and earthiness/grassy coming trough. It stayed that way trough the first 3rd. The ash is solid, and light gray/white. It held about an inch and a half

--2nd/3rd- The draw got a bit better after the 1st 3rd, and halfway trough the 2nd 3rd it was perfect. It picked up some strength and a slight nuttiness to it. still earthy and very clean. The flavors where crisp, nothing muttled around.

--3rd/3rd- Picking up some strength and changing into a bit of a stronger smoke, It built up nicely. clean flavors throughout. It had a nice kick to it in the end. It had that grassy taste trough this 3rd, and even smoking slowly it got hot, and that kept me from smoking this down as much as I would have liked to.

Overall- A good smoke, and I am sure with years of age on it, it would be a fantastic smoke. It was very pleasant to smoke, and the tight draw corrected it's self before the halfway mark. It was a good smoke if you like the earthy/grassy flavor. The burn was good, the smoke was plentiful. No harsh flavors. no need to relight. A good 1.5hrs smoked slowly.