What's new

Think about me or at least laugh!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Okay. Long shot I know BUT when you guys are out and about in your local liquor stores and IF you come across a place that has one more bottle of Weller 12 or Old Weller Antique than you want to put in your cabinet think about an old man in Tennessee who is living in a virtual bourbon wasteland here. If you feel so compelled to pick that bottle up for me I will gladly assume your costs, shipping and a nice reward for your trouble. And by the way I can get this stuff on the secondary market but I don't want it that badly. Otherwise if you'd rather you can at least laugh and think of me when you have your next pour of these fine bourbons.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'll make a few pit stops for you this week. What's a decent price on them?
Been a while since I had to buy them because I had a few in the cabinet. OWA used to run about $20 and Weller 12 less than $35. Given that this is supposed to be a core product the prices should still be reasonable I would think....less than $40-$50 a bottle.

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Been a while since I had to buy them because I had a few in the cabinet. OWA used to run about $20 and Weller 12 less than $35. Given that this is supposed to be a core product the prices should still be reasonable I would think....less than $40-$50 a bottle.
If I happen to run across some, how many would you like?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
2 of each would be splendid as I know that it's hard to come by and I wouldn't want to hoard and have someone out there miss out. I would settle happily with 1 of each

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Okay. Long shot I know BUT when you guys are out and about in your local liquor stores and IF you come across a place that has one more bottle of Weller 12 or Old Weller Antique than you want to put in your cabinet think about an old man in Tennessee who is living in a virtual bourbon wasteland here. If you feel so compelled to pick that bottle up for me I will gladly assume your costs, shipping and a nice reward for your trouble. And by the way I can get this stuff on the secondary market but I don't want it that badly. Otherwise if you'd rather you can at least laugh and think of me when you have your next pour of these fine bourbons.
Dave, I apparently didn't clean out the DFW area last week when I got my OWA 107s. I made some calls this afternoon and found one more bottle and snagged it for you tonight. As for the 12 yr. old, everyone around here says they haven't seen a shipment since the holidays last year. But they are all hoping to get another allotment sometime around Thanksgiving. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I find any.
PM your address brother.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll keep an eye out when I go to the local later this week. Have never seen a 12 here in MI, but I come across the OWA every now and then. I'll snag one for you if they have any.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Both of those used to be commonplace here in middle TN but for some reason they are unobtanium for the last year or so. I haven't seen a bottle of either in quite awhile. Sounds like east TN is the same.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey, @Tennessee Dave! Call the Jug Shop in San Francisco at 9 am PST on Friday. The owner told me last week that they've been getting 3 bottle shipments on Friday morning. They never know. The box is just there and they open it. They don't list the Weller 12 on their website, and I'm not sure if they ship. But I could pick it up for you and ship it to you if you are able to purchase some. Good luck.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did brother. I thought I had PM'd you back. Getting old I guess. I have one coming. A brother here was kind enough to help me out. I appreciate your kindness in helping me as well.
Cool, @Tennessee Dave! I went there to pick up a bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch. That's a good little shop off the radar here in the city. But they had a one-bottle-per-customer limit on Antique! They receive a six-bottle allocation every once in a while, and the stuff flies off the shelf. Prices are a little higher but they will ship your way in Tennessee. Glad to help! I can't figure out that darn PM system either! Lol!

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
A smile on my face thanks to @btort. This beauty arrived today and will be much enjoyed. Your kindness will not be forgotten brother.
View attachment 86035
Good Lord, Dave! Are you kidding me? Way, way over the top genorosity. Told you none of this was necessary. In any event, thank you so much for these smokes. CH is one of my favorite producers and these two are right up there near the top of the CH heap. You realize you are now on my "Christmas card" list. Thanks again, kind sir.
2016-09-19 16.33.23.jpg

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Good Lord, Dave! Are you kidding me? Way, way over the top genorosity. Told you none of this was necessary. In any event, thank you so much for these smokes. CH is one of my favorite producers and these two are right up there near the top of the CH heap. You realize you are now on my "Christmas card" list. Thanks again, kind sir.
View attachment 86144
I'm glad I'm not the only one that got a TN beat down today. And way to go @btort.