What's new

Thinking about Tupperware

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I added more cedar I got from a b&m and put a fanned out paper towel in the shot glass. FH Was 83%. Just added the kitty litter this morning and realized I should have taken the shoot glass out.

How long should I expect it to take to settle? Also, being I have ~200ish cigars that are slight dry, should I out some in slowly or let them all come up together?

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wouldn't put them in until you bring the RH down or you risk splitting the wrappers. Give it a day and see where the RH levels off at. If you have to open it up to let some dry air in to bring it down, the cedar is already seasoned at this point and you don't want the KL too wet or it will keep the RH up. Its easier to add more DW to the KL to bring the RH up than it is to dry it out to the perfect RH.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@HIM* RH is down to 70. If it doesn't jump around, after work tomorrow I'll toss the cigars in and see what happens.

To everyone else, my neighbor is looking to do the same thing now, if this works out. so, thanks for the advise and welcoming us in the madnesses.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
70 should be fine. They'll probably absorb some moisture so keep an eye on things until it stabilizes.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to come back and thank everyone who helped get me going with this zipidor. It has now been set up for almost 4 months and has been maintenance free! I am actually making my father a smaller one for Fathers day. He heard of how little maintenance was required and became jealous. Thanks you!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad everything worked out, now when are you buying yourself another one? haha
I would love another, but as I mentioned when this project started, I had a little one on the way. He is now 12 weeks old. So while I am lusting after a box of Padron 7000 Maduros, I will have to smoke through my bundle cigars and occasional rocket dogs for the foreseeable future. Maybe sneak a good cigar once a month or so, but that wont fill another Zipidor. Thank goodnes pipe tobacco is cheap.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I would love another, but as I mentioned when this project started, I had a little one on the way. He is now 12 weeks old. So while I am lusting after a box of Padron 7000 Maduros, I will have to smoke through my bundle cigars and occasional rocket dogs for the foreseeable future. Maybe sneak a good cigar once a month or so, but that wont fill another Zipidor. Thank goodnes pipe tobacco is cheap.
I'll bump this thread in two months and ask for pictures of your wineador. haha

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost Congratulations on the little one. Thanks for the feedback. Like you, when I reach out to this great group of BOTL/SOTL I always have top notch and almost instantaneous comments. When necessary, bundle cigars fill that void!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll bump this thread in two months and ask for pictures of your wineador. haha
Go ahead, I might eat my words...

First and foremost Congratulations on the little one. Thanks for the feedback. Like you, when I reach out to this great group of BOTL/SOTL I always have top notch and almost instantaneous comments. When necessary, bundle cigars fill that void!
Thank you! He is awesome!

That is true. This threaded started one night when I couldn't sleep. Found BOTL by chance. I had seen it hashtag'd but had no idea it was a form. Now I lurk occasionally, but I cannot afford to hang out, haha.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Awesome thread. I happened to purchase a ziplock container last weekend and I was looking how to use the KL and came across this thread. I got the perfect answer without even asking a question.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Awesome thread. I happened to purchase a ziplock container last weekend and I was looking how to use the KL and came across this thread. I got the perfect answer without even asking a question.
If you get really good with the search button you may never have to ever ask a question again. Haha, this place is filled with a TON of info not just on cigars and pipes but also brothers as well. These fools are crazy.