What's new

This Guy is Capturing What we all Know

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Forth pic, PLEASE never wear a watch facing down, bad form on all levels. Though, nice smoke ring.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Forth pic, PLEASE never wear a watch facing down, bad form on all levels. Though, nice smoke ring.
FWIW, some Pilots often wear watches that way, so that they can easily see info on the face without having to turn their wrists while flying...my father was a Huey pilot in Vietnam, wore his watch that way (still does), and as a result that is how I wear my watches...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
FWIW, some Pilots often wear watches that way, so that they can easily see info on the face without having to turn their wrists while flying...my father was a Huey pilot in Vietnam, wore his watch that way (still does), and as a result that is how I wear my watches...
This is also true of tactical shooters. You can reference your watch without rolling your wrist and losing your sight picture while in the ready position. Not bad form at all.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
This is also true of tactical shooters. You can reference your watch without rolling your wrist and losing your sight picture while in the ready position. Not bad form at all.
^^^this, I'm no expert by any means. But everything I've seen and read, most operators wear their watches this way for this very reason.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is bad form when it worn loose like a bracelet flopping all over the place. The few exceptions given here to the rule would never wear a watch loose like a bracelet for obvious reasons.

I think we all know what I meant. I was referencing the masses, bad form.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It is bad form when it worn loose like a bracelet flopping all over the place. The few exceptions given here to the rule would never wear a watch loose like a bracelet for obvious reasons.

Saying bad form on all levels doesn't really make these exceptions or your intent clear. The whole concept of the photos was to draw a character who enjoys cigars and how that contrasts with other smokers. I don't know you or what you meant, personally. I don't know if the guy in the photo was made to wear it that way on purpose or not either. It's all really moot. I was following up on Brooks' exception. That is all.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Saying bad form on all levels doesn't really make these exceptions or your intent clear. The whole concept of the photos was to draw a character who enjoys cigars and how that contrasts with other smokers. I don't know you or what you meant, personally. I don't know if the guy in the photo was made to wear it that way on purpose or not either. It's all really moot. I was following up on Brooks' exception. That is all.
Internet does not show inflections. I am all good, hope same with you. I happen to be a big a watch geek, better known as a WIS in the watch circle. So it hit a different cord with me. I agree about the pics. Love great pics which those are.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
As a commercial photographer, I found this to be an interesting approach by the jewelry maker. Commercial photography has traditionally made the item that's being sold the most prominent item in the frame (think cars), shown the item in use (think of eye glasses on the wearer) but still prominent, or in certain context (think restaurant).

This series (although we only see four) seems to be selling a lifestyle where the jewelry is a part of the "look" that they're telling people they should strive for but they're not making it prominent.

I love the concept and, from a photographic and artistic perspective, think it's successful. From a marketing point of view, though, I wonder if this approach will have been a good idea.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0

Internet does not show inflections. I am all good, hope same with you. I happen to be a big a watch geek, better known as a WIS in the watch circle. So it hit a different cord with me. I agree about the pics. Love great pics which those are.
Certainly no worries on my end, I was just clarifying based on your comment. I did not mean it to come off cross either.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a commercial photographer, I found this to be an interesting approach by the jewelry maker. Commercial photography has traditionally made the item that's being sold the most prominent item in the frame (think cars), shown the item in use (think of eye glasses on the wearer) but still prominent, or in certain context (think restaurant).

This series (although we only see four) seems to be selling a lifestyle where the jewelry is a part of the "look" that they're telling people they should strive for but they're not making it prominent.

I love the concept and, from a photographic and artistic perspective, think it's successful. From a marketing point of view, though, I wonder if this approach will have been a good idea.
i'm in no way a photographer but i love the concept also

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

i'm in no way a photographer but i love the concept also
Well seeing as I never noticed any jewelry... I think it failed myself.