What's new

Thompson Cigars

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Worst thing they do is throw out samplers for 10 cents on the dollar and after your hooked jack the price. I was getting 8 high end PdRs for $18 and now they are $39. They are Victor Sinclair central selling everything they make including the whole selection of 55 series petites. I like to spread the love and buy from whomever has a free shipping code. Good luck with them on that!
Yea, I bought a great sampler of 3 sticks for $5 + $1.95 for shipping. It said one per customer and I thought/hoped that it meant one per customer per order but, no, one per customer ever.

It's *possible* that I asked 5 or 6 non-cigar friends if they would order the sampler for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thompson's is to cigars what the old Columbia House was to compact discs! I realize that reference may go over some of the younger viewers heads. Columbia House was a compact disc club that would send you 10 CDs for the price of 5 if you only bought 5 more CDs at their discount price. The catch was that you were automatically signed up for a CD of the month club and if you did not let them know you did not want that CD it would show up on your doorstep with crazy shipping and handling fees. Sometimes even when you let them know they would still send the CD of the month. Their marketing team learned that most Americans were too lazy to return the CD so they would get a fair amount of business that way. This was before e-mail so they would hound you with snail mail offering you all kinds of Thompson like deals.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I never had an issue with them
Only ordered a few times. Accessories mostly and no issue at all as well. No phone calls. Just a magazine or two once in a while.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thompson's is to cigars what the old Columbia House was to compact discs! I realize that reference may go over some of the younger viewers heads. Columbia House was a compact disc club that would send you 10 CDs for the price of 5 if you only bought 5 more CDs at their discount price. The catch was that you were automatically signed up for a CD of the month club and if you did not let them know you did not want that CD it would show up on your doorstep with crazy shipping and handling fees. Sometimes even when you let them know they would still send the CD of the month. Their marketing team learned that most Americans were too lazy to return the CD so they would get a fair amount of business that way. This was before e-mail so they would hound you with snail mail offering you all kinds of Thompson like deals.
CDs??? I ordered vinyl and my Dad ordered 4-tracks!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you know what you want then they are awesome. Especially if you are in the se us. However, it all depends really on where you are. If in north east, famous, cigar monster and cigar auctioneer are yiur friends. CI can ship from the east or west coast. You never know. I live in Orlando, FL so famous and CI to me are bad only because it takes then too long to ship. Cigars get damaged by drying out etc.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received my first call from them... Not to thrilled!! Hope this isn't the first of many. I'm wondering if I should call and ask to be removed from their list.
The next time that they call you just ask them to remove you from their call list. They will honor your request and not call you anymore.
Really, Is it that easy? I have asked about 10 times.

A quick search shows that Thompsons has 122 complaints w/ Better Business Bureau

Holts, Atlantic, Smoke Inn, 2 guys, JR have a combined 2

Draw your own conclusions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CDs??? I ordered vinyl and my Dad ordered 4-tracks!!

Well to be fair to my age I first started ordering cassette tapes and then moved to CDs. But 8 track & vinyl were gone by the time I was old enough to get taken by , I mean buy, from them.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've only had one problem with Thompson, but about a year ago I won some killer deals on their auction. 40 PAM 64s for $6.50 to $7. 4 boxes of Undercrowns for $83 per. Box of BS Maddies for $80. Tat Hav Nobles for $2.40 each, etc., etc. The one problem I had was when I won 5 5packs of Fuego Origin Robs for $8 ea. Instead of robs, they sent the smaller Originals. After 20 minutes on the phone, ending with the Auction Manager, I got him to credit me $5 per 5 pack, so I ended up with 25 Originals for $15. I guess my "problem" with them was actually a win. I never got phone calls or any other unwanted solicitation from them.

Sadly, I've checked their auction from time to time over the past year, and bids are way up.