What's new

Thoughts on the Face

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I found this cigar to be quite mellow from the start. I have smoked about 7 of them since their release and each time i am a bit underwhelmed. I guess i just wish they were a bit more powerful in body and strength.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Myself, I smoked a single I had and I did enjoy it. It is different from other Tat sticks but whether this is good or bad is a matter of opinion. I will do like I did with last years release and crack open my box in October on Halloween and enjoy one.

On a sidenote I thought the Drac was much better after 4 or 5 months rest than when they were released...just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've only smoked one. I was blown away by the beginning of the cigar. Major pepper blast and it settled down nicely until the halfway point. From midway til the end, it was just ok. So, a tale of 2 halves for me.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Surprised to see that many people found the Face medium to mild given that it is still the Cojonu blend with a Mexican wrapper. For me the first two thirds were in the medium arena with it picking up a bit in the second, but the final was full, I just thought there was less spice over than those I have smoked closer to the release.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just revisted the face this evening and found that while sweet cocoa, coffee, earth spice etc. were abundant, its seems that the full body of this cigar has mellowed quite a bit since its release. Has anyone else experienced this?
Bought three when they came out; liked them so much that I bought the rest of what my B&M had left (I think that was like 10). Like you, I thought they were abundantly spicy in a very good way, and had that characteristic Tat profile-full-bodied flavor and spice in a medium-bodied smoke. (For reference, I really liked the Boris, thought the Drac was OK but nothing special, and adore the Guapo Maduro. Natch!) Been resting them since; meant to smoke one Saturday, but got distracted by a T-52. I'll try to give one a shot soon and check back in.

cjf

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Smoked my first & only on Halloween, but I got a few more left napping. Bout time to give it another go. I enjoyed it FWIW... I enjoyed the out of the norm character.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I found these to be very medium and even slightly mild when they came out and I don't suspect them to get much better. Had that pencil shaving after taste that tastes kinda like some mexican wrappers from my understanding. I have only really been impressed with the Frank and the Boris in the monster series.
Pencil Shavings....thats what it is.....I never could put my finger on it until I read this post. :applause:

I have smoked a couple and would have thought they were OK, if I hadn't paid ~$14 for them, for that price I expected better.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I love them. Very sweet with coacoa and spice in the last half. I actually just grabbed one out of the humi and eagerly headed out sie to fire it up. Of course it had just started raining. So much for that idea.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Although I generally love Tats, I just couldn't get interested enough in these to buy any. I was gifted one fairly recently so it's resting. I'd like to toast it up soon on the idea that if I DO love it, then it will be easier to track down a box sooner than later :)