What's new

Thread for OE 2014 Pics and Updates

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Nice !

reply on the kid's posture though ... no need to slouch over the writing , pros write like this :
@D Quitero

Would you please remove the post above? I don't know how this adds goodness to this very positive, very inspiring thread about helping children who literally have nothing.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Perhaps the boy needs glasses, looks near sighted. I have seen some kids work like that before they got corrective lenses.
Thats what Im going to guess...

Most of these kids dont get meals at home (parents cant afford to feed them properly).. we were told that the ones that do have "breakfast", for the most part get a piece of bread and a cup of coffee.. and thats it.. the evening meal often looks the same (if they get one)...

If they cant afford food... Im betting most of them cant afford glasses either..

they just do the best they can with what they have..

Now that I think of it.. I dont recall any of the kids at the school wearing glasses...

Ill have to go back and scan through the photos we took and see...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats what Im going to guess...

Most of these kids dont get meals at home (parents cant afford to feed them properly).. we were told that the ones that do have "breakfast", for the most part get a piece of bread and a cup of coffee.. and thats it.. the evening meal often looks the same (if they get one)...

If they cant afford food... Im betting most of them cant afford glasses either..

they just do the best they can with what they have..

Now that I think of it.. I dont recall any of the kids at the school wearing glasses...

Ill have to go back and scan through the photos we took and see...
I ment to add he was at least trying his best but forgot. It is amazing how much they do with how little they have. In north american schools if the smart whiteboard goes down there is no lesson for the day, meanwhile the cost of the whiteboard could keep the whole school running for a year down there.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Smoq, Its Quintero Bro.
it was merely an observation , a neutral comment . I happen to live and support emphasizing a healthy lifestyle for the kids.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/257139-bad-posture-in-children/

:)
I applaud your efforts in helping others, however this was an odd observation to be made in a thread about the efforts of OE, in my opinion.

Anyway, this thread is about our collective effort to improve the lives of these kids and I appreciate your donations, contributions and insight very much!