What's new

Time for a contest...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
UPDATED BELOW....Our Honda Minivan's lease is due very soon. As such we've been shopping for a replacement for my wife. We wanted to have it secured before turning the van into Honda. We purchased one this afternoon. I've been a little stressed over it, so I decided to do a contest to celebrate.

Here's the contest:

What year, make and model vehicle did we buy?

One vote per day, contest runs until 8pm Friday (July 12th).

Winner gets a fiver from me.

Bonus option: pick the color & trim correctly and I'll toss in a couple more sticks.

Hint 1: we did not purchase a sports car, a convertible or a 2-door. That's it!

Good luck!

Hint 2: We did not buy a Honda!

UPDATE 7/10/2013

The activity has slowed down and while there are some great guesses and a couple of close ones, we still do not have a winner.

Here are some hints at our "new" vehicle:

The color was guessed early on and has been a fairly common guess. Yes, it is Silver.

Country of Origin: I'm sure that this will be much to YodisMatt's discontent, but...we did not buy a German VW....or a European vehicle at all.

Vehicle Type: Remember, I'm replacing a mini-van which replaced a mini-van. Not saying it's a mini-van again but it's not a mini-Cooper! My wife still hauls kids around.

Model: The vehicle that we chose is not a best seller in it's class. Not even in the top three. It is rated fairly well by consumers, but it's not very popular and some might not have even heard of it before.

Good luck and happy guessing. I wanna give these smokes away!

UPDATE 7/12/2013: Last Day. I wanna give some smokes away.

There are several, very close guesses...but nothing dead on. I hope to make this easier for everyone
Additional hints:
-"new" to us doesn't really = new model to everyone :)
-the model has been discontinued and is no longer in production
-great warranty

Good Luck

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hint #2: not a Honda. Our 2010 van has been a dog! The 2002 model was excellent until the tranny crapped out at 125k. Those guys have some tranny issues as the 2010 van was showing the same clunky shifting characteristics.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Cool...Congratulations on the new wheels!

We also updated my wife's vehicle yesterday and I was just about to post a similar contest when I saw your yours. I'll wait now until your contest runs its course before I post mine.

As far as my guess, I'm going to say a 2013 Nissan Quest SV, Color: Silver with gray cloth interior.

Last edited:

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
congrats on the new wheels, I am going to guess a 2013 chevy encore, silver, black trim