What's new

Tinder Box Punch Prensada No. 4 Maduro Cigar Review

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tinder Box Punch Prensada No. 4 Maduro Cigar Review

Punch cigar is an exclusive cigar made for the Tinder Box by General Cigar. The cigar is a box pressed maduro toro measuring 6.5 inches in length and a 43 ring gauge boasting Honduran and Dominican Filler with a maduro Ecuadorian wrapper. This wrapper was a bit rougher looking than some but Punch always had that look at least to me. The cigar was firm and the draw perfect with that sweet tobacco maduro flavor coming through even before lighting the cigar. The burn was even needing no touch ups or relights with ash that held on nicely with no flaking.

This cigar started out right, that nice sweet tobacco flavor in the prelight draw test really came though once I touched a flame to the foot. The cigar starts with a maduro flavor that hints at a molasses sweetness, which staying dominate through the first third. Approaching the one third mark the cigar changed in flavor adding a splash of coffee and a dash of pepper. The flavors strengthened as I worked my way through the last third surrounding me with a nice cloud of white aromatic smoke. This cigar was wonderful right to end with only some bitterness starting the come through, but I may have been smoking it a bit fast near the end.

This is good medium bodied maduro and besides the wrapper being bit rough looking it was well constructed with a great burn and draw. The cigar really delivered that flavor you expect from a good maduro and doesn’t over power you with spice or strength. I’d pick up a box of these for a poker game especially with friends who occasionally like a good cigar but aren’t sure what to get. Rating 8 out of 10.