What's new

To all my fellow hunting BOTL

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Antelope w/ James! looking forward to it!!!
Well James and I did not fill our pronghorn tags, but his dad and brother in law did. Had a great time! James THANK YOU for hosting me! I need to be quicker on the trigger.

Maybe late season?

Now onto elk and maybe bear. I have bull & cow tags along with a bear tag!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Had a great time as well Loren! You are very welcome and hopefully we'll have better luck next time! Late season sounds like a plan to me if you are up for it! We'll get together after your Elk hunt and figure it out. Good luck brother!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Just got back from the deer hunt. We took late season because if there is some weather before the season starts the large herd there groups up and starts moving. There was no weather and the deer were too scattered. We saw 1 buck but not a chance to shoot. Out of all the people up there we only saw 2 deer hanging and one bear. So goes deer hunting in California if you do not get one of the few decent zones or have private property. Had a good time camping with family in some of the most beautiful country though!

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
I'm loving the stories! I haven't had time to get out yet but I'm hoping that will change when my hours at work change also. My brothers have had luck with their bows. The youngest bagged a decent doe and the other got a small buck. We got some meat in the freezer so I'm happy, now just to get out!

Let me ask this question.... How many brothers smoke while in the woods hunting? Have you ever spooked a deer due to smoking?

I was told the smell actually makes them curious as they like to eat tobacco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Nystogie figure I find you around here I got me a eight pt with my bow nice buck maybe 128 inch for on the coast but still after that 155 plus only hunted him once but going this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoke only after I get out of my stand or when I lay the smacked down on a big buck that's when the smoke is thick in that morning cold air off that partagus black label 6 x54 magn. I only hunt the wind I have all the scent lock you can have but your not going to beat their nose if wind changes I going elsewhere. Go to see you brother.

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
What's up Nystogie figure I find you around here I got me a eight pt with my bow nice buck maybe 128 inch for on the coast but still after that 155 plus only hunted him once but going this weekend.

Awesome job man. Let's see some pics if you got any?! Yeah I'm huge on scent control also but just for skits and giggles I was wondering cause I hear mixed things on it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went out with the wife's family, got my first elk a spike. Never been hunting before had an awesome time we cut down tons of dead trees for firewood drank lots too. It's so nice to get out in the woods. Might be my last though, I don't like touching guts, they stink, they are slimey and ugly as hell. I puked and everyone laughed at me.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I went out with the wife's family, got my first elk a spike. Never been hunting before had an awesome time we cut down tons of dead trees for firewood drank lots too. It's so nice to get out in the woods. Might be my last though, I don't like touching guts, they stink, they are slimey and ugly as hell. I puked and everyone laughed at me.
Sounds like fun! Where do you hunt elk in Puyallup? I thought they'd all be up near HWY 20. Shitloads there - even the park rangers are culling them. The elk got smart (for them) and started devouring people's farmland at night. Then the Forest Service spent a shitton for night vision....and BOOM!

BTW, Elk, Foie Gras & Pineapple on French bread is about the most amazing meal you can ever have in your life!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see I have no problem laying down the smack and touching guts lol. It is pretty awful sometime but usually never touch the guys just get the legs and back strap and loins out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bout to light it up leave in the morning to go up to the deer camp so great way to start the weekend off I will keep you guys posted on the kills if any

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like fun! Where do you hunt elk in Puyallup? I thought they'd all be up near HWY 20. Shitloads there - even the park rangers are culling them. The elk got smart (for them) and started devouring people's farmland at night. Then the Forest Service spent a shitton for night vision....and BOOM!

BTW, Elk, Foie Gras & Pineapple on French bread is about the most amazing meal you can ever have in your life!
The inlaws have a spot that their family has gone to since the day after the Big Bang happened. You pull off right before the first sign of civilized life and a gas station and 45 minutes up logging roads. What's this recipe it sounds interesting.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Have to say that's a "shooter". Nice job.

I've been out of the hunting scene for 4 years. Getting back into the tree in 2014. Can't stand it any more.