What's new

To angle the shelves or not?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
This is the liquor store humidor I picked up. It has three angled shelves set to display open boxes of cigars. I will be replacing the current shelves and putting them much closer. The question is is there and reason to tilt the shelves and give up that storage space?

Some details on the Humidor
Old, may be twenty to thirty years old.
Inside is 26x46x14
I will be using an Oasis plus and beads
I have completed the exterior rehab and will start the inside this week. I will give all the Cedar a good sanding and start building the shelves.
I hope to be using it in three weeks.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If your going to only be displaying open boxes and not Storting actually sealed boxes leave it angled I'd say. But if you are going to store boxes along with singles the straighten them out so the boxes can sit nice and snug.

My .02 everyone's opinion would be different probably. However great looking cabinet! Such a beaut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If your going to only be displaying open boxes and not Storting actually sealed boxes leave it angled I'd say. But if you are going to store boxes along with singles the straighten them out so the boxes can sit nice and snug.

My .02 everyone's opinion would be different probably. However great looking cabinet! Such a beaut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree here^^^^ and a really nice pickup. Good luck and keep us posted on progress!!

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that idea, thanks I have a fair numbers of full to 50%+ boxes and maybe 100 single sticks, so I will have the lower shelves level with the top shelf angled to display trays of the better singles. At present I am thinking between 4 and 6 shelves, I will do a mock up on paper to figure that out, I need to messure several boxes to get an idea of what I want the spacing to be, and have a shelf for those boxes that are 5x5 or 5x4 that tend to be as high as they are wide, and a couple of shelves that can hold those 10 or 12 count boxes that tend to be shaped like a pizza box.
I have a large amount of antique oak flooring recovered from a tear down over 20 years ago, I'm thinking I will use that to make the shelves.