What's new

To my coffee brethren

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
First choice for me is always cold-brewed. It's sweet in aroma with just the right amount of bitterness and acidity. (BTW, I drink coffee black)

For a quick pot, I'll use my French Press and, for a quick cup (my wife doesn't drink coffee, so I often only want a cup) is to use the Keurig machine. However, I don't waste my money on K-cups. I have a reusable cup and grind (using a burr grinder - very important) a couple of tablespoons each time.

As TheJavaMan said above:
If you don't want to spend much, a simple Melitta plastic pourover paired with a decent hot water kettle is just fine too (I use this pairing twice a day at work)
I have one of these as well. The reason I stopped using it was that I ran out of filters and, with the Keurig, never bothered to get more.

But also make sure your water is around the 200° F mark. I used a thermometer and a stopwatch with my kettle and discovered that I need to wait 60 seconds after the water reaches the boiling point and the kettle shuts off. So, I just have a timer ready with a 1 minute countdown. Then it's at 199-200°.

Finally, if you are just sitting around the house, wishing you had one more hobby to take up some time each week, try roasting your own beans. It's easy to do but there's a lot of experimenting that needs to be done to find the right timing for your own palette.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
french press and that's all if you have a burr grinder.I have all the fun coffee makers and an espresso machine,and the best all round one is the french press.

Hearty if you add more coffee,gentle if you use more water,less bitter if you control the water temp,portable if you want to take it camping,can use it to steep tea,hell it even cleans up with hot water..........and cheap.
The only advantage my drip machine has is a timer :0)

I roast my own beans,so I can make any blend I want from the 8 to 10 varieties I keep on hand,roast lighter for warm weather,dark as obsidian,or mix two varieties and do a co-roast.(works great by the way)

Currently I have a cup of dark sumatra,city + sidamo,and Bali city roast,wonderful and multi level flavors,chocolate and blueberry with a caramel finish.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Subconsciously, she hasn't realized the size of my stash just says I have too many cigars ....... Why would I need more....... My 300 count is full, don't mind the collider in the closet

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Subconsciously, she hasn't realized the size of my stash just says I have too many cigars ....... Why would I need more....... My 300 count is full, don't mind the collider in the closet
Signature worthy my friend. hahaha