What's new

To the ISOM!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I wasn't going to post this but I just wouldn't feel right not posting... but BOTL is where I started in my serious cigar journey and feel it's my home where good brothers and BOTLs come to share their experiences and life. I've been fortunate to meet a good handful of you guys, including a great BOTL trip to Nicaragua and the biggest HERF I've been part of in Chicago... BOTL will always be my home. I owe a lot to the brothers here educating me along the way and sharing stories. My taste preferences have changed over the years which is probably why I don't post as much as I used to, simply because I'm not smoking much of NC's now days so I can't share in many of the stories and discussion that goes on, although believe me, I'm here every day checking in constantly!?! I am smoking CC's mainly but still do enjoy an occasional Tat, Liga etc and I don't think that will ever change. I will never say a cuban cigar is the best and NC's suck... it is simply a preference and I respect anyone's preference. Smoke what you like!

With that said, one of my dreams (even before getting into cigars seriously) is coming true tonight as I leave for the ISOM! I've always wanted to go before the embargo was lifted as I want to visit a country stuck in time. I do not want to visit a Havana with McDonald's on one corner and a Starbucks on the other. It just so happens that my cigar passion has pushed me over the edge and now here I am, getting ready to hop a plane to live out one of my wishes, tops of my bucket list. I wish I could share it with some brothers here who I've come to know as good friends. I hope some day there will be a BOTL HERF in Havana... I believe there will, but maybe with McDonald's in the background!?! LOL However, even though I am traveling alone, I will be meeting some good brothers (one person who posts here) who are nice enough to include me in some of their plans, thank you. My plan is simple... stay in a Casa with local cuban people, wander the streets seeing the daily life, relax and smoke some good cigars where the likes of Hemingway ventured into, visit some of the best cigar shops in the world, tour a factory that makes my favorite cigar, visit the countryside and tobacco fields where a legend was born, smoke some more cigars, smoke some cigars, relax and smoke some more! Oh, and maybe some fine rum will be included for good measures. :)

I will be offline for some time so Santa if you are reading and need some clues on what I would like... suck it! LOL

Salud brothers!

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
hell yes, good for you, man! wishing we all were rolling with you, and hoping you enjoy thoroughly and completely!

oh, and pix wouldn't suck either. o)

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
That is awesome, please take lots of photos, especially of cigar sites, and share them with us!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Congratulations! I only have 2 wishes...first that you have the time of your life and second that I was coming with you.

Wherever this trip takes you, just make sure you do it "Aloha Style"!

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Thanks for sharing us your journey in cigars and brotherhood. As always, it's a pleasure to hear your perspective. I hope your trip turns out to be one of the best in your life. Cheers brother and enjoy the dream come true!

I have one question, which factory make's your favorite. And is that in downtown Havana?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Congratulations brother! enjoy the island and the great selection of 50's cars for taxis (my favorite part). Your doing what the rest of us wish we could do, or strive to someday do. enjoy the time your given doing the things you love!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Checking in from 1st airport... Hopefully the rest of the trip goes better... Got both torch lighters confiscated from carryon!?! Hopefully my only one in checked bag clears through! Dammit!?! LOL

And Warren, fav would be El Laguito in Havana... Cohiba.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Checking in from 1st airport... Hopefully the rest of the trip goes better... Got both torch lighters confiscated from carryon!?! Hopefully my only one in checked bag clears through! Dammit!?! LOL

And Warren, fav would be El Laguito in Havana... Cohiba.
Add me to the list of people who would love to hear about things when you get back. I've actually started planning a trip but won't be leaving till late 2014.

I'd definitely like to hear about El Laguito. My understanding is that you can't get in. I'd love to hear if that's changed or there are ways that don't involve being rich or famous.

Anyway I hope you have a safe trip!