What's new

toasting dose make it better

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i toasted my cigar for the first time today

ive been smoking for about 5 months now but always thaught toasting the end of it was a wast of time so i would always just hold the lighter to the end of it and most of the time set the tip on fire.

so today i thaught i would give it a go my GOD it was great o bitter taste or anything and the burn was much better ive found the light and its called jetflame

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep. The time you have to smoke your cigar is precious, and to diminish it in quality in any way (like burning the crap out of a good cigar) is a sin. Toast away!

Bear

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Agreed, but I've seen a LOT of guys do more damage trying to toast the end of a cigar. They have that freakin' flame just blasting away at the foot of their cigar, flames pouring off the end. I hardly ever toast anymore, just light that cedar strip and take a few puffs.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
haha I tend to burn the crap out of them, breathing fire like a dragon. But I also use a Zippo, and nibble the cap off if I don't have a cutter immediately within arm's length. I guess I'm just uncivilized like that.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I toast the foot but don't char it. I try to never let the flame touch the cigar using only the heat above the flame to heat the tobacco and then puffing to get it started. Of course there weren't any torch lighters around when I started smoking.

Mathew..........yes they did have lighters when I started smoking.