What's new

Tobacco beetle question.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
The only beetles holes I've seen in person were round. The cigars weren't in cello but the entire box was riddled.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Thats Just wrapper damage, but beetles can and will eat through cello

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
no, that IS IN FACT a beetle track. ZERO doubt in my mind. most know the round holes from where they will eat their way out, but that is a channel where they have eaten along the surface. look for a dirt/ dust, black-ish and granular: it is debris from their eating, and beetle poop. and, yes, they can and will eat through cello.

ISOLATE your smokes, and good luck.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
sorry, dude, but i HAVE seen this before. that channel is about as deep as a beetle larva. plenty of threads with info with how to segregate, contain, and deal with. and, truly, good luck.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
might be a good Idea, I sent a few out. I just looked through the rest of the box and didn`t nsee anything else so I don`t know.
sorry, dude, but i HAVE seen this before. that channel is about as deep as a beetle larva. plenty of threads with info with how to segregate, contain, and deal with. and, truly, good luck.
I thought so, will freezing kill them?
So should I take the ones out you sent me?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks for the photos, zombie king! second pic, middle stick, you can see a similar channel. FWIW if that is IT you may be early (god i hope so), and can contain it.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
YE I can`t see anything else anywhere in my humidor so I hope that's it. I`m putting the box in the freezer for a few days an then I`ll keep it in a ziplock with a boveda for a while and see what happens.

thanks for the photos, zombie king! second pic, middle stick, you can see a similar channel. FWIW if that is IT you may be early (god i hope so), and can contain it.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I thought so, will freezing kill them?
So should I take the ones out you sent me?
Ruh Roh.
lol just so we're clear was that Scooby-Doo right there?
Yessir, sorry my son likes Scooby so I have to watch it a lot.