What's new

Tobaccos you aren't a fan of.....

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So I have finally figured out that I pretty much don't like blends with lots of perique. The peppery spice (my perception) is too much for me in the popular blends. It makes me feel like I am smoking something super dry and hot. I tried some blends at various moisture levels in the same pipe, and in different pipes. I guess it's just not for me. I tried PS LNF, Beacon Extra, Escudo, and something else forget what. These might be perique heavy blends but also icons or highly rated blends that contain the leaf and I just won't be buying anymore I guess.

Anything you find yourself shying away from?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plum Pudding, I know people rave about the stuff, but the more I smoked it the less impressed I was. I of find it one dimensional, tried it in pipes with wide bowl, narrow bowls, shallow and deep bowls.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I suppose this is part of my issue with pipe smoking. I truly haven't found anything that wasn't at least good. Obviously, some blends knock my socks off and some don't. But, the ones that don't I just jar up and revisit later. A lot of times I find I like them later too. Oh well it's my cross isn't it...

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Yeah I keep trying to find what I don't like, I have less experience with straight vas because I have a really easy tendency to get bit, but I like the flavors, just pay for it later

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Aromatics for the most part but there are a few I love.
rex, you might have nailed the biggest. most of us here already LIKE big tobacco flavors, and just need to narrow down preferences and predilictions. for this crowd, aro's are most probably going to go over like infused cigars: POORLY. with a few exceptions. o)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aromatics for the most part but there are a few I love.
rex, you might have nailed the biggest. most of us here already LIKE big tobacco flavors, and just need to narrow down preferences and predilictions. for this crowd, aro's are most probably going to go over like infused cigars: POORLY. with a few exceptions. o)
Interestingly, many veteran pipe smokers add some aros to their rotation as a change of pace. By this time many have refined their smoking space to the point where tongue bite is no longer a concern.

Moving from 'gars to the pipe, aros will probably not float your boat. Many years from now, you may want a good one.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I decided to try the aro thing. Ordered some Black Ambrosia and CAO Black.... Gross
I like the Black Ambrosia haven't tried the CAO. Funny thing is I have been smoking long while and find most Tobaccos I like. I just find different times to like them LOL Maybe let them rest and dry a little and try again..

James