What's new

Today’s Smoke - 2024

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
During breakfast I told someone that this year couldn't be worse than last year. I sat down for lunch and got a call. Due to changes in the department I no longer have a job. I have thirty days (without pay) to find another job in the company before I am separated from the company.

Happy New Year

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
View attachment 188150
During breakfast I told someone that this year couldn't be worse than last year. I sat down for lunch and got a call. Due to changes in the department I no longer have a job. I have thirty days (without pay) to find another job in the company before I am separated from the company.

Happy New Year
Well, that blows,,, I do believe that you will probably come out the other side in a better place.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, that blows,,, I do believe that you will probably come out the other side in a better place.
I hope so.

It will be a hard adjustment to make. I actually loved what I did. There were a lot of shit days, but I saved multiple people from suicide. (One was Christmas Eve when a patient attempted suicide by cop.) I was able to bring smiles and love to a lot of hurting people.

It wasn't glamorous or well paying, but I got to make a difference. Even this morning I ran in to someone I helped a couple of years ago and they gave me a big hug.

One lady I saved twice in a week. It breaks my heart to know I won't be there for her. Everyone else just sees her as a crack head. I spent two hours with her and we talked about some deep stuff. She has a better heart than most people understand.