What's new

Today, I begin living again... A big THANK YOU to my brothers.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Dude....glad you're taking charge of yourself and really doing yourself some good. Recognizing things for what they are and talking about it is exactly what you need to be doing. I had a pretty major depression myself a few years back, except I didn't handle it nearly as well as you seem to be doing. I stayed depressed and angry literally for a period of years. It's a really vicious cycle, especially when you start beating yourself up for getting depressed in the first place like I did. What I found out is that just about everybody deals with depression at some point in their life and some handle it better than others. You, my friend, are doing a whole lot better with it than a lot of folks I've met along my own journey through it. Kudos to you and keep it up, brother! PM incoming with my number. Call me any time.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Chin up, and one foot in front of the other, everyday. You will get where you need to go. Keep talking about it, and your mind will work through it.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Hey Brotha,

I'm glad you made it through! Congrats on making the dean's list!
I just found your thread tonight. I will keep you lifted up in prayer.
Continue to surround yourself around good people who love you!
I know I speak not only for myself when I say that I, and your
brothers are here for you! Inbox me your number if you'd like
to talk.:thumbsup:

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Mate, I'm so glad you're doing better. Depression can be a really bad rutt to be in. I went through it (for whatever reasons) and had basically the same reactions, smoking cigs more heavily, not eating and I didn't even leave my bedroom for days always thinking there was something wrong with me.

All those good things happening in one day must have put you on an emotional high with a big smile! It's an awesome feeling and you come out of that stage of your life knowing that you're a better and stronger person. The feeling of self worth skyrockets and you once again feel invincible!

Getting onto the dean's list must have been the cherry on top! What an awesome accomplishment! A whole hearted congratulations to you, brother!

I agree that finding a family through the exchange of zeros and ones is truly amazing!

Take care my friend and keep us posted!
Your Brother from Down Under,
Hasan :computer: