What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nice, I've been wanting to try that out. How's that Hudson treating you brother?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I really like it. It runs about $45 here in MD but it's been on sale $38 which makes it a steal. Aged less than 4 years it has what I would say is younger oak notes and some spice that I can't quite name up front (I'm by not means an authority on flavor profiles) and a slight vanilla finish. It's very different than the molasses and brown sugar you'll find in Blanton's for instance, but still really enjoyable. I would definitely recommend picking up a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you get a chance, try that Old Fashioned with Knob Creek Rye. I've been enjoying those recently.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have not specifically tried the Knob Creek Rye in an Old Fashioned yet but I have had many others. For ssome reason I prefer bourbon in an Old Fashioned with a twist of orange. Just goes to show the vagaries of tastes. I did have quite a few made with Russell Reserve Rye at the 2016 Hillbilly Herf thanks to @Dustinspo that were tasty and got me going on the classic Old Fashioned kick that I have been on all summer.