What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I see a bottle of Port Finished Bowman in the background. What's your take on it? Normally like finished Whiskey?

I'm not usually big on finished stuff, but bought a bottle today for a fishing trip. I find finished HW stuff tastes good with a cigar... hoping I made a good choice.
Did you try the Port Finish? If so what’d you think. The pour I had over the weekend seemed like the port characteristics are coming out more since the bottle has been open. Could have just been my palate that day too I guess but either way I’m still liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Did you try the Port Finish? If so what’d you think. The pour I had over the weekend seemed like the port characteristics are coming out more since the bottle has been open. Could have just been my palate that day too I guess but either way I’m still liking it.

Not yet. Bought it to try on the fly fishing trip, leave Wednesday.
How was? I’m interested in trying but still waiting for it to show up in my county stores.

I've tried the whole OF lineup in a tasting with their Brand Ambassador. All are the same mashbill but bottled with different age, proof, or finish to differentiate. The 1910, to me, had a smokier/charcoal finish. Definitely picked up notes from the second new barrel. Not off-putting, and not blatantly obvious, but was noticable when tasting SxS with the rest of the Whiskey Row lineup.

Actually, have a bottle of 1910 packed for the fishing trip too...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Not yet. Bought it to try on the fly fishing trip, leave Wednesday.
I've tried the whole OF lineup in a tasting with their Brand Ambassador. All are the same mashbill but bottled with different age, proof, or finish to differentiate. The 1910, to me, had a smokier/charcoal finish. Definitely picked up notes from the second new barrel. Not off-putting, and not blatantly obvious, but was noticable when tasting SxS with the rest of the Whiskey Row lineup.

Actually, have a bottle of 1910 packed for the fishing trip too...
Good luck on the fishing trip.

Jody

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my 2nd Review. This one was bombed to me by @irratebass . It’s the Russell’s Reserve 10 Year, which is more popular then I thought. It was my first time experiencing it and i was able to pair it up nicely with one of the cigars Irratebass included as well. Thanks again brother!

Bourbon: Russell’s Reserve 10 Year

Glass: Glencairn

Proof: 90

Legs in Glass: Thin

Color: Deep honey with an orange tint

Nose: A glass dweller. Notes of vanilla, honey, citrus & leather.

Palate: spicy on the mid. Citrus licorice straw candy.

Finish: Medium with even more nuances of citrus, this time it was sherbet.

Cigar Pairing: Tatuje

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here is my 2nd Review. This one was bombed to me by @irratebass . It’s the Russell’s Reserve 10 Year, which is more popular then I thought. It was my first time experiencing it and i was able to pair it up nicely with one of the cigars Irratebass included as well. Thanks again brother!

Bourbon: Russell’s Reserve 10 Year

Glass: Glencairn

Proof: 90

Legs in Glass: Thin

Color: Deep honey with an orange tint

Nose: A glass dweller. Notes of vanilla, honey, citrus & leather.

Palate: spicy on the mid. Citrus licorice straw candy.

Finish: Medium with even more nuances of citrus, this time it was sherbet.

Cigar Pairing: Tatuje

Glad you enjoyed it my friend, and was glad to do it for you. Sherbet eh? Wow....I need to train my palate more on Bourbon, I usually just get like caramel and apricot, maybe some honey and wood too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad you enjoyed it my friend, and was glad to do it for you. Sherbet eh? Wow....I need to train my palate more on Bourbon, I usually just get like caramel and apricot, maybe some honey and wood too.
LOL my palate pales in comparison to my pharmaceutical chemist friend (the guy behind the Infinity Bottle), although he was hired because of his overactive sensory abilities. Bourbon i’m halfway decent at picking up flavors/scents, but when it comes to cigars, I’m horrible. Luckily I can tell if a cigar is good or not (like if it stinks..literally) and the usual earthy/barnyard notes. But when it comes to chocolate, fruit, leather notes...haha after 11 years I feel like a lost cause.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
LOL my palate pales in comparison to my pharmaceutical chemist friend (the guy behind the Infinity Bottle), although he was hired because of his overactive sensory abilities. Bourbon i’m halfway decent at picking up flavors/scents, but when it comes to cigars, I’m horrible. Luckily I can tell if a cigar is good or not (like if it stinks..literally) and the usual earthy/barnyard notes. But when it comes to chocolate, fruit, leather notes...haha after 11 years I feel like a lost cause.

Woah, chemist friend?! Is that me!?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Woah, chemist friend?! Is that me!?

Haha I don’t know are you a chemist? He’s actually retired and now a professional magician (who knew). The guy is 70 and still manages to book $5,000 gigs in Switzerland & other countries. He was a pharmaceutical chemist way back when smoking cigars was allowed in the lab. As he tells it, that all changed when his partner had an ash from his pipe land in a beaker of ether. The lab was burned to a crisp and cigars and pipes were then banned

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With the way my budget is now between jobs I’m actually going to have a little fun with it. I’m going to embark on a bottom shelf Bourbon & Rye journey. Best bourbon/rye under $20 (or thereabouts). Evan Williams, Heaven Hill, Old Fitzgerald (if i can find it), OGD, etc. I’m sure some of you have been there, and some might be shuddering at the thought of going back. But I’m quite excited about this.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Haha I don’t know are you a chemist? He’s actually retired and now a professional magician (who knew). The guy is 70 and still manages to book $5,000 gigs in Switzerland & other countries. He was a pharmaceutical chemist way back when smoking cigars was allowed in the lab. As he tells it, that all changed when his partner had an ash from his pipe land in a beaker of ether. The lab was burned to a crisp and cigars and pipes were then banned

That's nuts! Yes! Also I used to be a magician in highschool