What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tried this at a bourbon and burger joint, It's been in the area 7 years and I found out about it 2 weeks ago. That's ok though because the first 4 pours I requested from their bourbon menu "yeah, we haven't had that for a long time". :rolleyes: :mad:

Did try the Remus Volstead 14 Year, and it was quite tasty at 100 proof. I'd grab a bottle, but I hear it's $300-400 on secondary.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
When you haven't picked up your local FB group's single barrel picks in a while and you stop by a member's house:

I've had the Tumbling Dice and know that's a solid pick. Looking forward to trying the Heaven's Door, never had any version. The EC and Jepson's were just to support the group, Lord knows I am not much for 94 proof. :LOL:

He also threw this my way knowing I like Pinhook. We'll see how I like the lower proof version.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
When you haven't picked up your local FB group's single barrel picks in a while and you stop by a member's house:

I've had the Tumbling Dice and know that's a solid pick. Looking forward to trying the Heaven's Door, never had any version. The EC and Jepson's were just to support the group, Lord knows I am not much for 94 proof. :LOL:

He also threw this my way knowing I like Pinhook. We'll see how I like the lower proof version.

I've really enjoyed the Dice. Have yet to get into a Pinhook, but soon I gather. Have the next week off and going to kill some brain cells. Don't take time off that much but it's neeeeeeeeeeded.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've really enjoyed the Dice. Have yet to get into a Pinhook, but soon I gather. Have the next week off and going to kill some brain cells. Don't take time off that much but it's neeeeeeeeeeded.
I don't have a lot of experience with Dice besides having gone through 2 previous bottles of this barrel pick. So good I bought another when a group member offered his to me.

For Pinhook, I really enjoy the high proof bourbon releases with the pinkish label and wax. The 5 year Vertical (goldish) is pretty tasty too, and a bit lower proof.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I don't have a lot of experience with Dice besides having gone through 2 previous bottles of this barrel pick. So good I bought another when a group member offered his to me.

For Pinhook, I really enjoy the high proof bourbon releases with the pinkish label and wax. The 5 year Vertical (goldish) is pretty tasty too, and a bit lower proof.

I'm on your Team. I prefer the high proofers more. I noticed a couple years back that they started to contain more flavor and less bite. Winner for me.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm on your Team. I prefer the high proofers more. I noticed a couple years back that they started to contain more flavor and less bite. Winner for me.
Definitely go with that high proof Pinhook then, I've had the 2018, 2020 and 2021 and all were excellent for my palate.