What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What's left of some Col. EH Small Batch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you think of EHT Small Batch? I wasn't too impressed with my bottle regarding how it drank. It wasn't befitting of the 100 proof I'm use to and drank more like a mid 90 proof at best. The finish wasn't very long either. I always drink neat too (even Bookers 126.7 proof). Interested to hear your thoughts on it

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
What did you think of EHT Small Batch? I wasn't too impressed with my bottle regarding how it drank. It wasn't befitting of the 100 proof I'm use to and drank more like a mid 90 proof at best. The finish wasn't very long either. I always drink neat too (even Bookers 126.7 proof). Interested to hear your thoughts on it
Oooof. I CANNOT drink Bookers straight! I add a few drops to Col. I wish it drank as well as the nose suggested. Smells unreal and then is OK. I think it's mediocre. For the price here in Milwaukee I can get Bookers or Willett Pot. Both of which I find superior. I'd love to try the Single Barrel though. But as far as the small batch is concerned I probably won't buy again.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooof. I CANNOT drink Bookers straight! I add a few drops to Col. I wish it drank as well as the nose suggested. Smells unreal and then is OK. I think it's mediocre. For the price here in Milwaukee I can get Bookers or Willett Pot. Both of which I find superior. I'd love to try the Single Barrel though. But as far as the small batch is concerned I probably won't buy again.

I feel ya on that. My EHT came in the usual Scotch style tin case so at least I added that to my collection (use it to hold bourbon corks). I'm really looking forward to trying the Single and Barrel Proof (as King Kill 33 suggested). Did you pull Apples in the aroma and soda pop on the palate in yours?
As far as bookers is concerned and any other high proof bourbon, once you primed the palate it softens up a lot and is quite tolerable.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How was the 10 year? Just tried the 7yr for the first time tonight
View attachment 91069

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This single barrel 10 year is phenomenal. They put up different aged single barrels; I've seen 10 and 11 year but have only had the 10. I had a bottle of the regular Old Scout awhile back and really enjoyed it, but this single barrel was something else. It's a bit pricey at $58 but I'd still recommend picking up a bottle.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Started with these 3

Then did these 2
(Right is a 6month re barreled Stagg Jr)
Then a Blantons
Then old Forrester 1920 X2....

I've got a jug of Stagg Jr. I bought last fall. First time I'd seen it in my area. Haven't tried yet, probably should.