What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I've been curious about W.B. Saffel bourbon for years now. I've never seen it in a store or bar. Paid a little over retail to get one mailed to the house.

Lots of Wild Turkey funk, and a finish that just goes on and on. I'd still take a great Russell's single barrel pick over this, but it's still really tasty.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've been curious about W.B. Saffel bourbon for years now. I've never seen it in a store or bar. Paid a little over retail to get one mailed to the house.

Lots of Wild Turkey funk, and a finish that just goes on and on. I'd still take a great Russell's single barrel pick over this, but it's still really tasty.

Where do you order to get bourbon shipped?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was looking at that tonight in the store. Opinions??
I'm a fan! Picked it up because Tom @icehog3 has posted it before and I kept seeing it in the store. I swear if I didn't know it was 116 proof I would have guessed 100ish. Super smooth, and really unlike any of the other distillery profiles. I don't pick up any funk (Turkey), peanut (Beam), banana (OF), etc. Hard to describe. Almost...fruit? Maybe plum/raisin/dark cherry? Light on the palate but in a good way. Enough heat there still to not be weak or watery. Tastes..."bright" is a good way to describe it.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm a fan! Picked it up because Tom @icehog3 has posted it before and I kept seeing it in the store. I swear if I didn't know it was 116 proof I would have guessed 100ish. Super smooth, and really unlike any of the other distillery profiles. I don't pick up any funk (Turkey), peanut (Beam), banana (OF), etc. Hard to describe. Almost...fruit? Maybe plum/raisin/dark cherry? Light on the palate but in a good way. Enough heat there still to not be weak or watery. Tastes..."bright" is a good way to describe it.
I’ll try him