What's new

Today's Bourbon

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Templeton's Rye Old Fashioned
View attachment 136125
Don't you just love that lighter Bob? Best $10 I ever spent (well $8 with my discount :cool: )
Good solid bourbon there Dave, I enjoy it myself.

I am too lazy to start a new thread so I am just going to post this here. Our 15th wedding anniversary and we went a little overboard shopping today. She got me bourbon and I got her scotch.
View attachment 136204
We split the grill, 3 hours, 14 pages of assembly instructions and several cuss words later I managed to get it together.
View attachment 136206View attachment 136205
Congrats, and that's a helluva grill!

I’m still a newb with the bourbon. But I like Buffalo Trace the most so far. I have a bottle of Russell’s Reserve and a bottle of Old Forrester 1920 yet to try
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice starters for sure, I highly recommend trying every Forrester you can find......quality bourbons.

Last night I had two pours of the JE Pepper Rye and one of Eagle Rare.

Today smoked a '98 ERdM Petite Corona with some Weller 107.
Nice little collection you're starting based on the pics Tom

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I saw this at my local store a couple days ago....can you tell us a little more about it?
As with all MGP releases it is delicious! It is a blend of rye and bourbon, hence the name. It reminded me of a really good rye without the bite. I’m assuming the bourbon plays a role in this mellowing.

It is a 92 proof and overall very smooth. I enjoyed it neat and picked up notes of vanilla and sugar. Definitely not as sweet as say an Angel’s Envy, but sweet notes throughout.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
As with all MGP releases it is delicious! It is a blend of rye and bourbon, hence the name. It reminded me of a really good rye without the bite. I’m assuming the bourbon plays a role in this mellowing.

It is a 92 proof and overall very smooth. I enjoyed it neat and picked up notes of vanilla and sugar. Definitely not as sweet as say an Angel’s Envy, but sweet notes throughout.
Excellent, I appreciate the insights!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have the same batch release, nearly done with mine. It gets better each time its opened. BTW what is that Winston Churchill display you have? Looks interesting.
The Churchill logo you see if for my above the garage bar “The War Room”. Playing on Churchill’s War Rooms in London.

The display you see is a prototype I made for bourbon tasting boards. It’s got a cutout for the glass to sit in and a cut out to put a tag in that labels what you are tasting. The final version looks very similar, but holds three glasses instead of the one. I made these using reclaimed red cedar from the old porch posts on my 106 year old house and pine from the old floors. Made a total of 10 boards for a Blanton’s tasting I am putting together this fall.