What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Nice! Neat or water added? How did you like this release?
I drink it neat, I love that back end heat (phrasing). I have only had this and the B519 releases of ECBP, and I love both of them. I definitely feel like I need to try some other bourbons from Heaven Hill.... any suggestions for anything (relatively) easy to find?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I drink it neat, I love that back end heat (phrasing). I have only had this and the B519 releases of ECBP, and I love both of them. I definitely feel like I need to try some other bourbons from Heaven Hill.... any suggestions for anything (relatively) easy to find?
My man!!! Neat is the only way I enjoy Barrel Proof, for me it’s the viscosity and oils extracted that I enjoy the most.

Rittenhouse BiB and Pikesville Ryes are both exceptional. Have you tried the Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage?

I cannot wait until these hit the shelf near me. The design is among the most tasteful and refreshing I’ve seen in awhile. Has anyone tried this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
My man!!! Neat is the only way I enjoy Barrel Proof, for me it’s the viscosity and oils extracted that I enjoy the most.

Rittenhouse BiB and Pikesville Ryes are both exceptional. Have you tried the Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage?

I cannot wait until these hit the shelf near me. The design is among the most tasteful and refreshing I’ve seen in awhile. Has anyone tried this yet?

I have yet to try either Ritterhouse or Pikesville, sounds like I need to change that. Nor the Evan Williams I'm such a rookie. :LOL:

I'll definitely keep an eye out for the HH& as well. Thank you for all the recommendations!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Down here you can pickup both the Rittenhouse and the Evan Williams SB (both around $22) for what you would pay for the Pikesville ($45) and I think they are both superior pours. Kind of disappointed with the Pikesville but as they say just my palate and my opinion.

@icehog3 , you and @VeLoRoK need to hop on the City of New Orleans and come say hi. Nice ride and I'm good for the gars, booze and a place to nap!! Mardi Gras is just around the corner and the New Orleans Bourbon Fest is in March. Both good times!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
@icehog3 , you and @VeLoRoK need to hop on the City of New Orleans and come say hi. Nice ride and I'm good for the gars, booze and a place to nap!! Mardi Gras is just around the corner and the New Orleans Bourbon Fest is in March. Both good times!
I've only been to NoLa once (in 2014), and loved it. I've wanted to go back ever since, and will definitely give you a heads-up when I put it in the GPS.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
IMO, you've tried the best HH offers (within reason) with the ECBP. The batches are consistently awesome, with the right balance of age, palate, finish, mouthfeel, and a good punch. Everything HH is good, but I dont reach for much other than ECBP and EC store picks anymore.

Pikesville is a very nice rye, more on the bourbon end of the scale. 51ish % rye leaves more room for corn sweetness, and the extra few years vs Ritt are good.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Down here you can pickup both the Rittenhouse and the Evan Williams SB (both around $22) for what you would pay for the Pikesville ($45) and I think they are both superior pours. Kind of disappointed with the Pikesville but as they say just my palate and my opinion.

I had a trip booked to go to your fine town there day that Katrina hit. Never made it lol