What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
How potent was that Infinity Bottle Batch? I’m guessing quite so considering your affinity for Barrel Proof. Do you keep a formula list nearby?
I have the list of all the ingredients on my phone, Matt. Initially I put in some lower proof stuff (Blanton's, Eagle Rare, some High West stuff). Now the ABV averages out to 114.6 for the bottle. This was my third pour and first in a couple months. I'd definitely drink it over a lot of the BiB and lower proof bottles on my bar.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a huge cigar event at my lounge, called “The Big Ash Bash”. Freshly prepared Cuban food, tons of cigars, and plenty of whiskey to be passed around by the regulars. Tatuaje was there representing.

This was reserved for only the most loyal of members

All in all I had 4 cigars and about 8 glasses of whiskey. Needless to say I was wiped by 10pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my 18 different batches (and Little Book Chapter 2 far left). The boxed ones are backups. I have #19 enroute (Boston Batch) as well as a backup Blue Knight's Batch.

I’m awestruck by that sight. Congratulations Tom. If you had to pick one to take with you on a deserted island, which would it be?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never seen a black cork before, so that was a surprise. The Rye is good, not as good as the sample I tried, but still layered with complexity and flavor. Interested in seeing how this develops with oxidation. Hoping it smooths out a little.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’m awestruck by that sight. Congratulations Tom. If you had to pick one to take with you on a deserted island, which would it be?
Well, I have yet to open any of the 2016s Matt, and a couple later ones, so my answer could change. But at this point it would be a battle between Teresa's Batch and Kentucky Chew.

Never seen a black cork before, so that was a surprise. The Rye is good, not as good as the sample I tried, but still layered with complexity and flavor. Interested in seeing how this develops with oxidation. Hoping it smooths out a little.

Only problem with single barrels....they vary. I've heard the difference between different SiB EH Taylors is crazy. Hope yours rounds out, Matt.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I have yet to open any of the 2016s Matt, and a couple later ones, so my answer could change. But at this point it would be a battle between Teresa's Batch and Kentucky Chew.

Only problem with single barrels....they vary. I've heard the difference between different SiB EH Taylors is crazy. Hope yours rounds out, Matt.
I’m honored that one of the batches I recommended has not only pushed you to a whole other level of appreciation but still remains a close favorite of yours.

Definitely the downside of Single Barrel, but even more so for Barrel Proof. It’s a double edged sword for sure. Bourbons like Blanton’s can nail it each time because the proof is lowered to meet exact specification standards along with other strict quality control methods.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I’m honored that one of the batches I recommended has not only pushed you to a whole other level of appreciation but still remains a close favorite of yours.
I have not forgotten Matt, first the hunt for the Teresa's, then the love for something so "funkily different". That was definitely the start of my descent. ;) :LOL:
Definitely the downside of Single Barrel, but even more so for Barrel Proof. It’s a double edged sword for sure. Bourbons like Blanton’s can nail it each time because the proof is lowered to meet exact specification standards along with other strict quality control methods.
Absolutely, but I'm still willing to take a chance (At least with a few mainstays). As delicious as Blanton's, Eagle Rare and some of the BiBs are, I just need the heat now to be completely happy.