What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wouldn’t you believe it but this is the first pour I actually get to enjoy myself, the rest was shared among 5 people at my lounge. Two of those people totally pissed me off. I’m always one to share at my lounge, especially to those that share with me. However we are not without our scavengers, guys just looking for free premium drinks. Some are crafty enough to bring some bottom shelf lighter fluid knowing nobody will drink it, but expect to enjoy other members whiskies.

However that night I was caught off guard. We had a late arrival at our huge event and he asked for our “Community Bottle”, which is usually something inexpensive like Woodford DS. Since that was dry, I offered him my unopened Evan Williams. He then proceeded to get two drinking size glasses for himself and his lady friend. So a typical big pour ended up looking puny and cheap.

Moving on, it was only $21 and I’m excited about this one. Could be my new favorite budget bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Wouldn’t you believe it but this is the first pour I actually get to enjoy myself, the rest was shared among 5 people at my lounge. Two of those people totally pissed me off. I’m always one to share at my lounge, especially to those that share with me. However we are not without our scavengers, guys just looking for free premium drinks. Some are crafty enough to bring some bottom shelf lighter fluid knowing nobody will drink it, but expect to enjoy other members whiskies.

However that night I was caught off guard. We had a late arrival at our huge event and he asked for our “Community Bottle”, which is usually something inexpensive like Woodford DS. Since that was dry, I offered him my unopened Evan Williams. He then proceeded to get two drinking size glasses for himself and his lady friend. So a typical big pour ended up looking puny and cheap.

Moving on, it was only $21 and I’m excited about this one. Could be my new favorite budget bourbon.

Bummers about the dipchits. :drowning:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@BourbonBinder, like those guys who bring a bottle of Buffalo Trace to the herf and run righto the Stagg. :muted:

Two pours of OE7 for me last evening.

Lol I’d totally wouldn’t judge if they brought in the Trace, but mostly it’s Jim Beam or Johnny Black...or nothing at all, which is the most common thing they like to bring

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did a flight of Old Forester 1910, 1920 Prohibition Style and Single Barrel. I liked them in that order.
I’ve had two SB’s from Old Forester, but something about Prohibition Style just hits all the right octaves. Don’t get me wrong, the SB is still a crowd pleaser, with its cherry notes hitting in all the right places. I have yet to try the 1910 yet, what was it like?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@BourbonBinder I though the 1910 was initially dominated by tart fruit and oak, thick mouthfeel, dry almost leathery finish. A little air opens up the chocolate notes. A couple drops of water tamed the tartness and let the vanilla come out. Finish got pretty short with the water

I think the 1910 is the standard Old Forester re-barreled in heavily charred barrels. My top pick of the three. Wasn't really impressed with the SB

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0

Just picked this up at a small store. Any feedback on tasting notes?
Thought by many Booker's enthusiasts to be the one of the two best batches of the last few years. It's got that Beam peanut but with vanilla, brown sugar. It's really good.

Busted open the Boston Batch last night. I never make my decision based on a neck pour alone, but this one had some interesting scents on the nose, maple syrup, dark fruit. Notes of dark chocolate and sweet spice (almost banana breadish) on the palate. The usual Booker's heat but the finish wasn't as good as some. It's no Country Ham, I'd put it more in the realm of Shiny Barrel or Kitchen Table.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asked the GF to pick my first pour last night. She picked an unopened one, and that was OK with me. Another excellent Booker's in the mix, "Sip Awhile".

Followed it up with a lower proof pour, still got kinda buzzed. :LOL:

Love this.

After our find and sampling of Country Ham, the wife suggested we go around and hit all of the small stores in town before our dinner date on Saturday to see if we can find any more batches we don’t have yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a little Makers 46 with a neighbor after preparing for landfall of Hurricane Salvation...I mean Isaias, or whatever dumbass way the news is making us pronounce it. We’re expecting some serious damage in my shore town. I live one block from the ocean and 6 blocks from the port, so it should be pretty interesting.

Followed up by a smidgen OF Rye