What's new

Today's Bourbon

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been busy. A close friend asked me if I could pick up one of these for him. It was only one per customer, so I went back a 2nd day in a different disguise and bought another. I ended up driving them 2 hours and hand delivering, in return I got my cigars comped. 2 Tabernacles & a Liga No.9.

Store Barrel Picks

Started the day off with this, brought in by a retired NYC Cop. He usually brings in some interesting NY made whiskey.

It had a very unique aged grain character to it, like it was buried for 100 years and then distilled.

That same friend with the Blanton’s brought this in to share. He said a customer of his owned him money and gave this to him in lieu of payment

Obviously we had enough whiskey to go around. I brought the Knob Creek Single Barrel Select & Old Forester Prohibition Style.

I heard this is like a Junior Blanton’s. He bought his bottle in Texas as it’s not too common in Jersey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Matt @BourbonBinder , I've done the disguise thing too, except with the masks and such, I went back in like 20 minutes later, different coat, different hat, different mask.

So how was the Middleton's? I haven't had any since I was in Ireland 10+ years ago.

I cracked open the new ECBP last night, it's very tasty despite being lower proof than a lot of their recent releases.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
How was it? That’s probably one of the most handsome looking bottles I’ve ever seen.

It was my 2nd drink of the night (while smoking) so I don’t think it got a fair shake. I would say it was good just maybe not quite up to everything you read about. You can tell there are some nuanced flavors. I think they just got killed due to the night. I will get back to you when I try it fresh.

Last edited:

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Good day yesterday, picked up 4 Knob Creek SiB store picks, a couple 14+ year and a couple 9 year.

Picked up the last one from a guy in my local group near an entertainment complex. He told me that the restaurant there had good pours and even sold their own good barrel picks. Well, they were also selling off some of their middle tier bottles that were unopened and not very requested for pours. They had tow Bookers, a Teresa's batch and Shiny Barrel batch at below retail. Yes please.