What's new

Todays Roast :)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Todays press includes 2 parts Mysore Nuggets and 1 part Java Estate blend :)

Fuggin yummmm doooods :)

Anybody else drinking something good this morning?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
wasch_24 said:
My-sore Nuggets...WTH are you drinking man?
You like that do you? :)

It's actually an Indian coffee that is quite good, and the name is funny as hell :)

I believe its supposed to be pronounced myzorie or something like that, i say, my sore nuggets :)

Maybe I should send some to N2 for the DC herf :smt079 :twisted: :lol:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I made some Bolivian Organic this morning.

I scored some JBM peaberry I roasted yesterday. Should be ready for tomorrow's cold and rainy morning.

BTW, you guys should try the Mysore nuggets, that's part of the regular rotation here at Casa S&H.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I roasted these last night while it was warm and 20 out (2 this morning)

Nicaraguan Laguna Verde Margogype - Love this stuff. Huge beans (they plump when you cook 'em)

Rwanda Masaka Bourbon - This is a very nice coffee but my son keeps taking it on me.

Timor Organic Maubesse - This is a kinda wild, spicy coffee much different than those above. It's growing on me. Got it from baldmountaincoffee.com they are out now but CBC has it.

I was only gonna roast 2 kinds but my Boli PC lasted longer than that so I kept going. I only roast coffee so I can smoke and have some place to warm my hands ;-)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How dark do you like your NLVM? I just roasted some of that this morning, last time I tried it at just into the second crack, this time I roasted it DARK :)

I'm still searching for a robust, DARK, coffee that has that deep coffee flavor.

I have a lot of milder stuff, or stuff that does very well roasted lighter, and still very flavorfull.

Any suggestions?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Newt said:
How dark do you like your NLVM? I just roasted some of that this morning, last time I tried it at just into the second crack, this time I roasted it DARK :)

I'm still searching for a robust, DARK, coffee that has that deep coffee flavor.

I have a lot of milder stuff, or stuff that does very well roasted lighter, and still very flavorfull.

Any suggestions?
I usually roast the NLVM just to the start of 2nd crack. I'd be interested in some suggestions for beans that hold up to a darker roast well. I did some of the Rwanda that way more by accident and it was pretty tasty too.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think the best that I've found to date for me anyways, is Panama Boquet

wonderfull full flavored chocolatey stuff past second crack.

I'll let you know how the NLVM turns out tomorrow with a deeper roast, the Mysore is supposed to handle a dark roast as well, though I havent tried that yet.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I know the cuban torquino beans need a darker roast almost esspresso dark.
I find most of the beans I use are better at a lighter roast. Say no more than the start of second crack. Margogype beans I'll usually let go through second crack. Bigger beans need longer roast times to concentrate the flavors.
I find the darker full city or city+ roasts mask the subtle flavors of the bean.