What's new

Today's Rum

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Figured since a lot of us love our bourbon, scotch, whiskey and every other libation in between, I figured it would be cool to add a thread for our rums too.

So let's see what you're enjoying and smoking with it too!

I'll start this off with something I've had in my cabinet and never got to open until today....

Sag Harbor Rum which is a local craft rum distilled here on Long Island.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Another rabbit hole to jump down.....Rums.....mmmmmmmm babeeeeeee. I go through periods of drinking spirits and it's usually when I travel I'll make it a point to immerse myself into what is in each port of call when I cruise....which is why I love cruises as I get to visit those areas where they have their specialties of libations. Cozumel afforded me the chance to try a tequila called Baluarte Reposado and it was soooo goooooood. Rums.....hard to beat Havana Club 7 year Rum....yes, I know it's not sold in the states but it's one of the best. After that is Ron Zacapa 23....sipping rum with no more than 1 ice cube to tame the overall flavor. Flor de Cana 12.....the sugar cane is grown in some great volcanic soil ( kinda like our Cuban Cigars that have that certain twang ) and last but not least .....Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva with a good cigar is almost a religious experience. There are much cheaper Rums available that can be had for half the cost of the ones I mentioned but these sipping rums will last you longer because they aren't party mixers....the taste is incredible and with a cigar...it just holds the finish longer than you anticipated.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Another rabbit hole to jump down.....Rums.....mmmmmmmm babeeeeeee. I go through periods of drinking spirits and it's usually when I travel I'll make it a point to immerse myself into what is in each port of call when I cruise....which is why I love cruises as I get to visit those areas where they have their specialties of libations. Cozumel afforded me the chance to try a tequila called Baluarte Reposado and it was soooo goooooood. Rums.....hard to beat Havana Club 7 year Rum....yes, I know it's not sold in the states but it's one of the best. After that is Ron Zacapa 23....sipping rum with no more than 1 ice cube to tame the overall flavor. Flor de Cana 12.....the sugar cane is grown in some great volcanic soil ( kinda like our Cuban Cigars that have that certain twang ) and last but not least .....Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva with a good cigar is almost a religious experience. There are much cheaper Rums available that can be had for half the cost of the ones I mentioned but these sipping rums will last you longer because they aren't party mixers....the taste is incredible and with a cigar...it just holds the finish longer than you anticipated.
Well that bourbon thread is bad news for my wallet. So I'm keeping tabs on some new ones to try when I clear out what I have in my stash.

So why not make one to push others down a rum slope too!!!

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Diplomatico.........Hi Times Cellar has other good rums and Armagnac,delivers to lots of states...........
Dip is around $32.......best rum I have tried among 10 or so top flight rums.