What's new

Today's Rum

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I revisited a bottle of Cockspur VSOR 12 and I am so impressed with how smooth and easy to drink this rum is. If you are looking for a light, easy sipping rum with just a touch of sweetness you may want to give it a try. Kind of dangerous it goes down so easily.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I revisited a bottle of Cockspur VSOR 12 and I am so impressed with how smooth and easy to drink this rum is. If you are looking for a light, easy sipping rum with just a touch of sweetness you may want to give it a try. Kind of dangerous it goes down so easily.
Going to the interwebs and local store apps now to see if they carry it LOL. Damn enablers here.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@CVAC085 Yea I think it was like $30 from Total Wine and More so it's not like it's a Unicorn or anything. I hope you find it and enjoy it as much as I did. I was trying to make space in my cabinets and finish off some almost empty bottles when I poured it, Now I want to replace it, not just empty it!

I'll keep my eyes open, if you have problems finding it let me know.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@CVAC085 Yea I think it was like $30 from Total Wine and More so it's not like it's a Unicorn or anything. I hope you find it and enjoy it as much as I did. I was trying to make space in my cabinets and finish off some almost empty bottles when I poured it, Now I want to replace it, not just empty it!

I'll keep my eyes open, if you have problems finding it let me know.
I forgot to look today while I made a stop in the liquor store. Smh. Haha! I got distracted in the rye section.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Still working on this bottle. Pairing it with a handful of caramels raided from the Halloween stash because I'm fancy like that. And yup...that's a Realtree comforter because once again...I'm fancy like that. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: My wife is now fancy too...she is enjoying $8 Pinot Noir and some semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This thread been dead so time to bring it back....

Enjoyed a "nip" of the Ron Zacapa 23 tonight I found in my "bunker" in my newly acquired Ron Diplomatic glass. Of course, no picture but I plan on hitting the rum a little bit more to give my bourbon stash a little break. And I'll be sure to add a picture with my new glassware.

So a little backstory to the score of the glasses today- my neighbors down the block were moving out and threw out 2 wheelchairs (they needed a good cleaning and a little TLC) so the pack rat that I am picked them up. One I kept for my mother in law who's been in need of one and the other I donated to a local home store that's a not for profit that helps medically fragile children here on Long Island. Of course, they'll help anyone in need but more so geared to the kids. They were so happy and thankful for the donation. And honestly, I felt good about doing a good deed. Even if I had to pick them out of the garbage. So being that I was there anyway, I had to go and check out what they had for sale since all the profits go to help the kids. So, I happened to be down their glassware aisle and saw the glasses and saw the "Ron Diplomatico" engraved on the bottom of the two on the shelf. SOLD!