What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Well in between rainstorms, I actually saw the sun for a few hours today ... so I headed out back and burned a Plantation Reserve torp from the New Orleans Cigar Factory.

I bought some of these last year from Bill Humphreys @ CW. A nice smooth cigar, fairly mild but with good flavor. Similiar to an Ashton.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Gonna go light up this Boli PC that has a little water damage from when I was wetting down the beads a while back. Water kinda made the ink from the hand-written band run into the wrapper and I am tired of lookin at it in there.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So let me tell you all about my friggin' 4/1/06 smoke. Let me just tell you.

I'm typing from Naples. The In-Laws have a Condo and I'm here helping the wife corall the whacko-puppy while she's here this weekend. And visiting with the in-laws of course. We left the house this early afternoon (noon-ish) and stopped about 15 minutes away at the Dairy Queen to have lunch. Well, half way through waiting for our food, the wife realizes she's left something at home that she wants (gift for a friend of the in-laws). I give her a bunch of crap about having to drive all the way back home and hand her the keys so she can go get what she forgot.

She get's back from the house, sits down to eat, and what do I realize I've forgotten? That's right. The cigarcaddy. Chock full of 6 nice, tasty habanos. Got my Xikar in my pocket, managed to remember that, but was stupid enough to leave the caddy behind. I of course couldn't go back to get it after giving the wife so much crap about forgetting something so I had to do without.

Turns out the guy who's house we went to to have dinner had a nice handful of Padron X000 maduro's stashed away from some golf giveaway so we ended up puffing on those at the end of the night. Decent enough while we were smoking them, but ack...I need a toungue scraper to get rid of the after taste...

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I'll start this one this morning:
It's a early day Had a Don Carlos Double Robusto :smokingme before going into work, got to get home before the Race......More later :thumbsup:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Smokin' a late morning '01 VR Familiar with a freshly ground cup of Killer Beans. Wonderful combination!

Hot_Sauce

&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Went to the Cigar Lounge and smoked a 02 Punch DC while watching the Final four. The cigar was a lot more enjoyable than the games.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
An 04 PSD4 with Coors Light while finishing setting up Vegi Garden for this year. Nice 45 minute smoke after working in sun for over 3 hours, PRICELESS.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 pm, sitting in the office, lighting up a H.Upmann Mag 50 but it tastes like damn ammonia :crying: Took 2 with me this morning (just to be sure) and the FIRST ONE was fine! :disappoin

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Dang, that sucks man.

I smoked a bowl of Boswell's Spice 'N' Nice on the way into work today...very very good with my coffee.

i smoked a Monte 2 ysterday I got in the November lotto and it was ho-hum.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Bummer. I havent had that problem with the Mag 50 yet. Partigas Short on the way into work, Trini Fundidore on the ticket for lunch

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch 24, you know what they say: "A Monte a day keeps the doctor away" (at least that's how I recall it ;))

CWS: I like the Fundadores, very woody with a honey note, but I find them a little too woody personally. Amazing how the strength increases mid-way and leather notes come into play. Out of the small box I smoked last month, 100% were perfectly rolled, milk chocolate colored, perfectly burning. Quite an achievement with that sort of vitola, I would say!

Status
Not open for further replies.