Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

38-50

rg
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Over the weekend:

Hemingway Signature Sungrown - Very nice but I had a hard time coming up with a description of the flavor profile. A bit muddled maybe but it was dark and earthy. Medium body with medium/full strength to me.

EPC Limitada 2010 - Stored at 65% for a couple weeks in its box but still too moist. Burned well anyway and was suprisingly smooth.

DPG 1952 Perla - A rollercoaster of delicious wood, sweet cream, black cherry and a puff or two in the middle that were like mildly peaty scotch.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Gurkha Park Avenue torpedo.

Exceptionally mild. I cannot stress how mild this cigar was in both strength and flavour. However, as mild as it is, it's also very pleasant. A very relaxing smoke.

Flavours of roasted nuts and baked bread took the forefront, and just when I was starting to think it was a pretty one-dimensional smoke, I retrohaled. And THAT is when the complexity hits.

A hint of sweetness and a nice core of cedar took the flavours from "good but a little boring" to "very good all around".

Again, incredibly mild. Not something I'd want all the time. But I did enjoy it a lot.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Visiting my mom in Ohio, so smoking means sitting out in the 20 degree weather. I smoked a My Father Le Bijou Petite Robusto, and after freezing my ass off to enjoy that one, I think it will be my last cigar until i get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.