What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attended an event at a local B&M shop last night and got to meet Litto Gomez, the owner of La Flor Dominicana. He seems to be a very nice well-grounded guy.

Being at an LFD event, I smoked an LFD Double Ligero DL 600 (5 1/4x52). It was a smooth, strong smoke. I don't see it being something that I would reach for every day, but it was tasty. The smell of the smoke would no doubt leave anyone with a sensitive nose running for cover though - it was particularly sharp and strong, IMO. Smoke this one outdoors, folks!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Last night was Illusione Epernay LeGrande and ELO3. Don't think I'll be able to smoke today... pretty bad thunderstorm going on right now.

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bolivar Corona Junior...little guy packs a lot of flavor. Not my favorite CC, but a pretty decent quick smoke.

cigarhombre

Broadleaf addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gurkha status.....

....yes, thats right I said the G word! I have had this glass-tubed cigar for a couple of years; I think I got it as a throw in, when I bought a cheap fiver from CI. I think they were Master blend torps, $25.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

PSD4

started off REALLY woody... way too much wood, tiny bit of pepper and salt, just didn't work with the wood. Then after about an inch, the wood mellowed (and about went away) and it was typical PSD4 flavor from there. PSD4s aren't my normal bailiwick in terms of flavor, but it was pretty good nonetheless.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Lit up a Cain Daytona Corona, then immediately dropped it and broke the bottom half of the wrapper. Looks like I will be able to smoke through the damage though.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great cigar. Mild to medium body smoke with spice and slight sweetness to it. I'll bring one for you tonight so you can see for yourself.
Thanks for the cigar last night. Great burn and nice flavor. I detected a little green taste. A little more age should fix that.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0

Rocky Xtreme Sumatra Robusto. Nice lookin' stick once you take the wrapper off, and really not bad at all. Excellent burn and draw for an RP, as well, after the first inch or so.

I don't smoke many Rockys, but aside from the Edge Corojo Lancero (with some age on it), this is probably the best I've had from him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.