What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Decided to fire up my custom blend from DE from the BOTL safari...I wanted a strong full bodied smoke and I sure the hell got it. It's chocked full of ASP Ligero with a little bit of KY fire cured leaf...wrapped in a T52 wrapper...outstanding!
Hard to wait 30 days,is it not? :) Was for me.
Does anyone wait the 30 days? I promised myself I would wait 30 days and then smoke one a month until I went back. I didn't wait 30 days and I didn't smoke just one a month, and now, about 10 months after my trip (I went Memorial Day weekend last year) I have 2 left and I plan to let them sit as long as possible.
Finished my last one recently after one year, was excellent. What a trip!

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Decided to fire up my custom blend from DE from the BOTL safari...I wanted a strong full bodied smoke and I sure the hell got it. It's chocked full of ASP Ligero with a little bit of KY fire cured leaf...wrapped in a T52 wrapper...outstanding!
Hard to wait 30 days,is it not? :) Was for me.
Does anyone wait the 30 days? I promised myself I would wait 30 days and then smoke one a month until I went back. I didn't wait 30 days and I didn't smoke just one a month, and now, about 10 months after my trip (I went Memorial Day weekend last year) I have 2 left and I plan to let them sit as long as possible.
Finished my last one recently after one year, was excellent. What a trip!
I waited almost 60 days (this years' trip was in the beginning of Feb). It will be interesting to see how the blend changes with time. I like the idea of having one per month until next year's trip. As far as this evening is concerned, I had a T52 :chat:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot to take a flick.. but I had a Por Larrañaga Panatela last night. Think I critiqued it a bit too harshly, and the pairing (Glenlivet 12 year old) probably lingered a bit too long on the palate so I didn't get much from the stick.

Grabbing some more from a brother tonight and will try them with just water. They are a bargain to be sure...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Forgot to take a flick.. but I had a Por Larrañaga Panatela last night. Think I critiqued it a bit too harshly, and the pairing (Glenlivet 12 year old) probably lingered a bit too long on the palate so I didn't get much from the stick.

Grabbing some more from a brother tonight and will try them with just water. They are a bargain to be sure...
If you continue to hate them, I know of somebody who will gladly dispose of them for you :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Another day, another Dirty Rat. Dropped this one on the ground while I was adding smokes to the new humidor so it cracked a little bit at the foot. Didn't affect the smoke and as good an excuse as any to smoke a Dirty Rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.