What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
05 H Upmann Mag 46...

How did you like it art? I had one recently that was really really good but I still think they will last a little longer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2 because, you know, I love Tapatalk 2.
Pretty good cigar. Not sure if if will get any better though IMHO. Nice flavour profile and good construction.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
How do you like your V-cutter Rupe?
Love it!

The one in the photo is an old school German Donatus (Solingen) cutter that I picked up on eBay last year. I really like it but my only complaint is that it does not work well on anything above about 48 RG. For the larger sizes I have a cheapo that I bought on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/1st-Class-Cigar-Humidors-GC90/dp/B001Z5HH3M/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1369236859&sr=8-19&keywords=cigar+v+cutter

My intention was to use the cheapie to see if I liked the V-cut (which I do) before I invested in a Xikar. So far the Cheapie is working like a charm and I have not needed to drop the extra cash on the Xikar yet. After seeing one of the Xikar V-cutters that was in chain service at the B&M all loose and wonky recently I am starting to think that my $3 v-cutter will suit me just fine.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How do you like your V-cutter Rupe?
Love it!

The one in the photo is an old school German Donatus (Solingen) cutter that I picked up on eBay last year. I really like it but my only complaint is that it does not work well on anything above about 48 RG. For the larger sizes I have a cheapo that I bought on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/1st-Class-Cigar-Humidors-GC90/dp/B001Z5HH3M/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1369236859&sr=8-19&keywords=cigar+v+cutter

My intention was to use the cheapie to see if I liked the V-cut (which I do) before I invested in a Xikar. So far the Cheapie is working like a charm and I have not needed to drop the extra cash on the Xikar yet. After seeing one of the Xikar V-cutters that was in chain service at the B&M all loose and wonky recently I am starting to think that my $3 v-cutter will suit me just fine.
Thanks Rupe. I have a $10 v-cutter that I love. I'm really not a fan of the Xikar v-cutter. Not worth the $ in my opinion.

JEB

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viaje Candy Cane
How are those? I have one in the humi just staring me in the face...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm usually not much of a Viaje fan, but I'm enjoying this one. I would recommend dry boxing it for a day or so before smoking though.
Agreed on the dry boxing, which is typical for pretty much all the new Viaje stuff. To me that's just wrong. Why can't they correct this? But that aside, I thought the Candy Cane was a worthy smoke. Although the ring gauge is a bit much for me.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Agreed on the dry boxing, which is typical for pretty much all the new Viaje stuff. To me that's just wrong. Why can't they correct this? But that aside, I thought the Candy Cane was a worthy smoke. Although the ring gauge is a bit much for me.
I know what you mean, but I don't mind that so much. There's a lot of stuff that you know you'll have to rest or dry box before it reaches its full potential. Just look at Emilio's Draig k. Great smoke, but if its right off the truck it has a shameful burn. Just comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.