What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about to light up a My Father Special on this rainy Labor Day.

When did they make that. Looks great!
I can't remember if these are the ones from 2011 or 2012. They come in carboard boxes of 3, and I think they were only given out at events.

The one I smoked earlier came in white boxes like this:

The other release came in the same boxes, but the boxes are red and the band is different.

These (the one I smoked earlier) have a Nica habano wrapper, where the ones in the red boxes have an Ecuadorian rosado wrapper.

I have some boxes of each, I'll have to dig out one of the dark red boxes.

All that said, this was a very good smoke. :) I stumbled across it while looking for something else. I had forgotten about them.

And now for my last cigar of the night (I think) I'm lighting up an A. Fuente Don Carlos Reserva No. 3

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
"These (the one I smoked earlier) have a Nica habano wrapper, where the ones in the red boxes have an Ecuadorian rosado wrapper."

Eric, that's interesting. I have heard they are the same, but felt they tasted different. Idk, but would like to read more about it. Would you provide us with some links about that. Thx

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"These (the one I smoked earlier) have a Nica habano wrapper, where the ones in the red boxes have an Ecuadorian rosado wrapper."

Eric, that's interesting. I have heard they are the same, but felt they tasted different. Idk, but would like to read more about it. Would you provide us with some links about that. Thx
I couldn't remember where else I had read it, but found it:

http://halfwheel.com/review-father-special/

I think I got the dates mixed up, looks like the red boxed ones were first in 2011.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Thank you. I was fortunate to be gifted some(along with some great bros) of the ones from the white box from Pepin while on Cigar Safari (thx again to my brother's and friends for that). Thought I might be crazy or just partial b/c it was from him, after hearing they were the same. Nice to know for sure.-DUB

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
getting away from it all with my first riq, astoundingly good.
I had my first a few weeks ago and what a treat they truly are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
One of my faves. Love the #4 and can be found in a 5er on almost every auction site for decent scratch. I don't think it gets enough lovin out there cause Tatuaje has got so much other good stuff out. Oh well, better for me to get em on the cheap!

KK33

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
getting away from it all with my first riq, astoundingly good.
I had my first a few weeks ago and what a treat they truly are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
One of my faves. Love the #4 and can be found in a 5er on almost every auction site for decent scratch. I don't think it gets enough lovin out there cause Tatuaje has got so much other good stuff out. Oh well, better for me to get em on the cheap!

KK33
id like to thank you for introducing me to them kk33. you sent me one in the NC PIF. so thank you sir

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After a nice bike ride I worked in the yard with this timeless classic.

. Certainly not a yard gar!

Finished up a painting project with this little guy.

I am finishing the night with a DPG Black figurado after eating way too much at a local Turkish restaurant.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I haven't had the JDHR yet what are your thoughts on it?
Well just before I went to light up my boy damn near broke his ankle. Ended up taking him to the ER so I ended up not smoking it. Luckily the boy is ok (just a sprain) and luckily I didn't cut or light the JDHR yet. But I will say just by the smell of it I think it's gonna be good. Man this thing smells amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.