What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

la palina little bill .. i gotta say la palina's high end stuff just really strikes a chord with me... clean flavorfull finishes ... impeccable construction ... the smoke feels sophisticated and i just feel like a million bux everytime i smoke one.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Fuente Best Seller.

Had an interesting experience with this one - it developed a huge crack in the wrapper that was over an inch long and the initial burn was incredibly uneven at the start. It burned about 3/4" down on one side without the other side burning at all. I had to put the cigar in my mouth almost an inch or else I just sucked in air from the crack.

But, once I figured that out, it quickly evened itself out and I enjoyed the smoke. I bought it (and smoked it) at my local B&M and I showed them the cracked wrapper and said they may want to check the rest of that box. They could not have been more pleasant and kept insisting that they give me a new one. But, by that time, I had already smoked over half the cigar and it would have been a pretty douche-bag move on my part to take a new one. Plus, after all the effort of getting it to burn properly, I was determined to finish it! <grin>

Overall, it was really enjoyable and I watched the Blackhawks beat the Nashville Preds while having a Best Seller. It was a damn good night!

FuenteBestSeller.JPG

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
'07 opus... :) plume or mold, idk? Smoking phenomenally though!
OMG get a lung xray and MRI ASAP, sooooo much mold. I'll take the rest off your hands ;-)

edit: on second inspection, that actually DOES look like a fuckton of mold compared to the plume I've seen on a few Fuentes like that. I dunno. Plume looks more crystalline, but mold looks more fungus-y. This looks like neither but I'm no expert.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday after work, I had a Gran Reserva 'Work of Art'

Later in the night, I smoked some Rocky Patel that was given to me, one of the 300 different cigars they make, idk, I think it said sungrown on the red band...never had a RP that I liked.

The older B&M guys at my local place seem to love them but I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.