What's new

Today's Smoke (2004-2022 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Thanks whoever for bombing me this smoke. Still seemed young tho, anyone know how they age?

Johnny o is usually good fresh. Then after the first year get sick. At the three or four year mark they come back. I usually just smoke them fresh.
it was a good smoke, nice and mild. Just wondering how they age for a mild cigar.
Much better than QDO in my opinion.
Whats QDO?
Quai d orsay. I do not think I spelled it right. Very mild CC. Not very flavorful in my opinion.
Ahh ok. Thanks for the help

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
2003 Des Dieux from a cab purchase earlier this year.
Would you recommend it? I've seen that name posted here a couple of time, other than that, I haven't really heard of them. But, that's not saying much because I'm sure there are a lot of good cigars I haven't heard of.
Yes...

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks whoever for bombing me this smoke. Still seemed young tho, anyone know how they age?

Johnny o is usually good fresh. Then after the first year get sick. At the three or four year mark they come back. I usually just smoke them fresh.
it was a good smoke, nice and mild. Just wondering how they age for a mild cigar.
Whats QDO?
Quai d orsay. I do not think I spelled it right. Very mild CC. Not very flavorful in my opinion.
From the man himself in an email exchange

"Most of my cigars smoke well in months 1-3, but after that they need a years rest. Typically what happens is a BOTL smokes it fresh, and 6 months later gives some away and the cigars are sick" John Ortega-

Im not an expert or smoked as many as people on here but I trust the man knows his own cigars.

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2

Whats QDO?

"Most of my cigars smoke well in months 1-3, but after that they need a years rest. Typically what happens is a BOTL smokes it fresh, and 6 months later gives some away and the cigars are sick" John Ortega-

Im not an expert or smoked as many as people on here but I trust the man knows his own cigars.
So its either smoke them when you get them or plan on letting them sit.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0

Whats QDO?

So its either smoke them when you get them or plan on letting them sit.
Correct. I have had aged ones and if you can wait it is well worth the reward, I have also smoked them fresh and they are quite tasty that way too LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.